Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.
***************************************************************************************************
Over the next twenty or so days, family representatives came over to Gan’s home to take a look through his telescope, and as Gan had said, the meteors were not yet visible. However, they were more than satisfied at being able to see the moon seemingly come within arms reach. Longkai remarked. “I am proud to have played even a small part in the construction of your telescope. Could you teach me to make more?”

Gan smiled. “Well, I was already planning to ask you to help me make at least one more. I need to replace the one I borrowed, for that I have all of the parts except the mirrors. I would also be happy to teach you what you need to know to make others; I can also give you the specifications for making a variety of useful sizes.”

Longkai was more than satisfied. If he’d been a modern man, one might imagine dollar signs in his eyes.

Lanhua’s newly gained notoriety was both good and bad. Everybody knew who she was now and greeted her in a friendly manner. Many thanked her for having the dreams that ultimately would save their lives; some seemed wary of her, as if not sure whether or not her dreams were magic or not.

But the thing she noticed most was that some boys her age seemed very nervous around her. When she told Yang, her brother laughed. “Don’t worry, little sister. Those boys are more than likely just worried that you have learned through your dreams that they like you, and that you already know what is in their hearts.”

That made Lanhua smile. “Oh, I see, but that’s a lot of boys to choose from.” Moogh laughed, which made both Yang and then Lanhua laughed as well.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.
***************************************************************************************************
Over the next twenty [STRIKE]or so[/STRIKE] days or so, family representatives came over to Gan’s home to take a look through his telescope, and as Gan had said, the meteors were not yet visible. However, they were more than satisfied [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] with being able to see the moon, seemingly come within arm's reach. Longkai remarked. “I am proud to have played even a small part in the construction of your telescope. Could you teach me to make more?”

Gan smiled. “Well, I was already planning to ask you to help me make at least one more. I need to replace the one I borrowed, and for that, I have all of the parts except the mirrors. I would also be happy to teach you what you need to know to make other telescopes; I can also give you the specifications for making a variety of useful sizes.”

Longkai was more than satisfied. If he’d been a [STRIKE]modern man[/STRIKE] businessman, one might imagine dollar signs in his eyes.

Lanhua’s newly gained notoriety was both good and bad. Everybody knew who she was now and greeted her in a friendly manner. Many thanked her for having the dreams that ultimately would save their lives; some seemed wary of her, as if not sure whether or not her dreams were (indeed) magic [STRIKE]or not.[/STRIKE]

But the thing she noticed most was that some boys her age seemed very nervous around her. When she told Yang, her brother laughed. “Don’t worry, little sister. Those boys are more than likely just worried that you have learned[STRIKE] through[/STRIKE] from your dreams that they like you, and that you already know what is in their hearts.”

That made Lanhua smile. “Oh, I see, but that’s a lot of boys to choose from.” Moogh laughed, which made both Yang and then Lanhua laughed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.