Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please accept this letter as formal notice of my resignation due to a serious healthissues, which has been recently developed after I had recovered from coronavirus decease last month.

I had visited the hospital couple of times, but there is no improvement. Mydoctor has advised me to undergo further medical tests, which include MRI scan and other tests. Therefore, I have decided to do the further medical treatment in my hometown.

I would have stayed with the company but due to health problems, I have to leave this Job to rest and recuperate.

Due to this situation, I have decided to leave the company and go back to myhometown to have a better medical treatment. My last day of work will be 1 March 2021.

It is, therefore, requested that I may kindlybe relieved from my post on that date.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work in this positionfor the past eight years.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Please accept this letter as formal notice of my resignation due to some serious health issues, which [STRIKE] has been [/STRIKE] have recently developed after I had recovered from coronavirus [STRIKE] decease [/STRIKE] last month.

I [STRIKE] had [/STRIKE] visited the hospital a couple of times, but there [STRIKE] is [/STRIKE] has been no improvement. My doctor has advised me to undergo further medical tests, which include MRI scan and other tests. Therefore, I have decided to [STRIKE] do the further [/STRIKE] continue my medical treatment in my hometown.

I would have stayed with the company, but due to my health problems, I have to leave this Job to rest and recuperate.

[STRIKE] Due to this situation, [/STRIKE] Therefore, I have decided to leave the company and go back to my hometown to [STRIKE] have a better [/STRIKE] receive the necessary medical treatment. My last day of work will be 1 March 2021.

It is, therefore, requested that I may kindly be relieved from my post on that date.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to work in this position for the past eight years.

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
NOT A TEACHER

I respectfully suggest that you rewrite that note so that it is more concise.

In my opinion, it would be more effective if it were shorter.

It is not necessary to include so many details.

Best wishes to you

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please accept this letter as formal notice of my resignation due to a serious healthissues, which has been recently developed after I had recovered from coronavirus decease last month.

I had visited the hospital couple of times, but there is no improvement. Mydoctor has advised me to undergo further medical tests, which include MRI scan and other tests. Therefore, I have decided to do the further medical treatment in my hometown.

I would have stayed with the company but due to health problems, I have to leave this Job to rest and recuperate.

Due to this situation, I have decided to leave the company and go back to myhometown to have a better medical treatment. My last day of work will be 1 March 2021.

It is, therefore, requested that I may kindlybe relieved from my post on that date.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work in this positionfor the past eight years.

Take care when you copy/cut and paste text. Spaces get lost in the process. I have underlined above where that happened. Next time you paste text, check for missing spaces and put them back in, either before posting, or by using the "Edit Post" facility immediately after posting.

I agree entirely with The Parser that the letter should be much shorter.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I agree entirely with Tarheel that the letter should be much shorter.
I think that you meant TheParser instead of Tarheel, unless they're one and the same person. :)
Yes, I also think it's a little repetitious.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sorry, The Parser. I have no idea why I incorrectly attributed your response to Tarheel! I have fixed my error.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you for all your help. I tried to rewrite the sentences as below. Please check and advise me if they are worded correctly.

Please accept this letter as formal notice of my resignation due to some serious health problems, which have recently developed since I had recovered from coronavirus last month.

I would have stayed with the company, but due to my health issues, I have to leave this job to rest and recuperate.

Therefore, I have decided to leave the company and go back to my hometown to receive the necessary medical treatment. My last day of work will be 1 March 2021.

It is, therefore, requested that I may kindly be relieved from my post on that date.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to work in this position for the past eight years.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's still too long. There is absolutely no need to go into your medical history in a resignation letter. It's very likely that the company already has any relevant medical history file. It should stay on your private HR file.

Try this:

Dear [name]

Please accept this letter as notice of my resignation. Taking into account my four-week notice period, my last day will be 12 March 2021.

I have enjoyed working here for the last eight years and I wish everyone here the best.

Yours faithfully

[Your name]

Status
Not open for further replies.