The little girl had suffered enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is this correct? How can I stylistically improve it?

The little girl had suffered enough already. Leukemia had reached her bones, tearing them apart. She didn't deserve this much pain. No one did. Her death, when it came, was merciless and merciful all at the same time.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm not a doctor but I believe leukemia is cancer of the blood. The cancer could spread to other parts of the body, and she could now have bone cancer, but I don't think you can say that leukemia had reached her bones.

Please tell me you're planning to write a cheerful, upbeat essay or novel next. Some of your posts are really very depressing; possibly they are made more so by the current global situation.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I'm not a doctor but I believe leukemia is cancer of the blood. The cancer could spread to other parts of the body, and she could now have bone cancer, but I don't think you can say that leukemia had reached her bones.

Please tell me you're planning to write a cheerful, upbeat essay or novel next. Some of your posts are really very depressing; possibly they are made more so by the current global situation.

Fair enough.

Is this okay?

The little girl had suffered enough already. Cancer had reached her bones, tearing them apart. She didn't deserve this much pain. No one did. Her death, when it came, was merciless and merciful all at the same time.

P.S: I am really sorry about some of these sad paragraphs. I didn't mean to make you upset. I'm just practicing. :oops:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Fair enough.

Is this okay?

The little girl had suffered enough already. Cancer had reached her bones, tearing them apart. She didn't deserve this much pain. No one did. Her death, when it came, was both merciless and merciful. [STRIKE]all at the same time.[/STRIKE]

P.S: I am really sorry about some of these sad paragraphs. I didn't mean to make you upset. I'm just practicing. :oops:

See above. I don't really like the blue underlined part. Can you come up with another way of phrasing it? I'll concede that it might have felt, to her, that her bones were being torn apart but I don't think that's actually what the cancer was doing to them (again, I'm not a doctor!)

The paragraphs didn't upset me. I just said they were depressing. That's different.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
See above. I don't really like the blue underlined part. Can you come up with another way of phrasing it? I'll concede that it might have felt, to her, that her bones were being torn apart but I don't think that's actually what the cancer was doing to them (again, I'm not a doctor!)

The paragraphs didn't upset me. I just said they were depressing. That's different.

Thanks.
Again, I apologize if some of the sentences are not uplifting. I'm just trying to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.