The airport clerk who announced her flight was tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is this okay?

The airport clerk who announced her flight was tired. "Delta Airlines Flight 582 for New Orleans is now boarding at gate G-12." A flicker of a smile crossed Hana's face. "This is me." Jack's mind was a haze of doubt and confusion but even through the rising haze, he knew it was now or never, do or die. A little voice deep in his head kept warning him. Do this right. For once in your life you pathetic moron. Okay here we go. "I have feelings for you Hana." He tried a few times but he couldn't quite get the words out of his throat. It's now or never. It's never alright, he thought. Hana strode towards the departure lounge. She turned back, waved her hand at him and disappeared in a hoard of passengers. It would have been a waste of breath. She has a fiance anyway, Jack kept telling himself as he walked back to his car.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is this okay?

The airport clerk who announced her flight was tired. "Delta Airlines Flight 582 for New Orleans is now boarding at gate G-12."

Use paragraph breaks to separate speakers.

A flicker of a smile crossed Hanna's/Hannah's face. "This is me."

You've shifted to another person again, so make it a new paragraph.

Jack's mind was a haze of doubt and confusion, but even through the rising haze, he knew it was now or never, do or die. A little voice deep in his head kept warning him. Do this right. For once in your life, you pathetic moron. Okay here we go: I have feelings for you Hanna/Hannah.[STRIKE]"[/STRIKE] [Don't use quotation marks unless he actually speaks.] He tried a few times but he couldn't quite get the words out of his throat. It's now or never. It's never alright, he thought.

The point of view has shifted again, so again: new paragraph.

[Hanna/Hannah]
strode towards the departure lounge. She turned back, waved her hand at him and disappeared in a horde of passengers. It would have been a waste of breath. She has a fiance anyway, Jack kept telling himself as he walked back to his car.
Poor Jack!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is it really relevant that the agent who made the announcement was tired?

Status
Not open for further replies.