Reflect on a commercial, film, or program I recently watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
The program I recently watched is Ryōmaden, The main message being conveyed is how the main character Sakamoto Ryoma’s anti-war action through finding his own way to protect his country Japan from avoid the war. Also, the program told us how cruel the bias or stereotypes base on the class of Tosa in Japan.

Unlike other Japanese domains, Tosa had a strictly-enforced separation between the joshi ( high-ranking samurai) and kashi (low-ranking samurai)

The bias or stereotypes in the program shows us there are different class in a society in the history of Japan. It has lead to a result that the Joshi treat the kashi as dog and cat. That means the Joshi can kill the kashi for a insignificant reason. All men are created equal, it is the value of America established from their United States Declaration of Independence. It is not easy to maintain the value in the past, there are still bias from the class nowadays too. I hope there will not be any class in the future.

Regarding the anti-war opinion from Sakamoto Ryoma is as follow, the warship is like the sword from the Samurai, when the Samurai is strong no one would want to have war with him . So he can avoid from war. Also, if Japan has some great warships, there are no war between Japan and other country. After the Black-ship turmoil. Japan was request to commerce with America throughout the Kanagawa Treaty. The most popular voice in the Japan society is expel the American with their sword, but how can a sword defeat the black-ship. So, the opinion with Sakamoto Ryoma to build a great black-ship is like nowadays that the country having nuclear weapons. Sometimes, the weapons is like double-edged sword, it could kill people but it also can protect them.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
A program I recently watched is Ryōmaden. The main message being conveyed is how the main character Sakamoto Ryoma's anti-war action [STRIKE]through finding his own way to[/STRIKE] protected his country, Japan, by avoiding a war.

The meaning of the second sentence isn't clear. I guessed at what you meant.

Also, the program told us how cruel the bias or stereotypes based on the class of Tosa in Japan is.

Unlike other Japanese domains, Tosa had a strictly-enforced separation between the joshi ( high-ranking samurai) and kashi (low-ranking samurai).

The bias or stereotypes in the program shows us there are different classes in a society in the history of Japan. It has led to a result that the Joshi treat the kashi as dogs and cats. That means the Joshi can kill the kashi for an insignificant reason. All people are created equal. It is an American value established in the United States Declaration of Independence. It was not easy to maintain the value in the past. There are still biases from [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] class nowadays, too. I hope there will not be any class biases in the future.

[STRIKE]Regarding[/STRIKE] The anti-war opinion of Sakamoto Ryoma is that the warship is like the sword from the samurai. When the wamurai is strong no one would want to have war with him[no space]. So he can avoid [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] war. Also, if Japan has some great warships, there are no wars between Japan and another country. After the Black Ship turmoil, Japan was asked to trade with America throughout the Kanagawa Treaty. The most popular opinion in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Japan [STRIKE]society[/STRIKE] was to expel the American with the sword, but how can a sword defeat the Black Ships? So, the opinion of Sakamoto Ryoma is that building a great war ship is like [STRIKE]nowadays that the country[/STRIKE] having nuclear weapons nowadays. Sometimes, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] weapons are like double-edged swords. They can kill people but they also can protect them.
Hello, Theol!

Strive for short sentences. Always know what the subject, verb, and object of each sentence are. Those are the building blocks of sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.