Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

*********************************************************************************************************
Of course, Xunying said he would look too as did Bailian and thus Weihu, but Gan put his foot down. “Nooooo, you won’t, my son and daughter will do the looking with Moogh, and the rest of us are going to the cave. Suxin steadfastly refused to leave her father’s side, so she was given dispensation to stay.

Lanhua smiled as she saw her dream coming together. “Don’t worry, we will find the girl, everything will be fine.”

Gan said, “This was in your dream. Why didn’t you say something?”

Lanhua replied. “I did tell you about this dream, but I didn’t realise it was about the girl as well.”

Gan nodded. “Yes, I remember, I too didn’t take much notice of the girl’s part in it; I thought it was just about the meteors. If she did come this way, I would guess that she went back home to retrieve something she'd forgotten. Don’t dawdle. It’ll be dark soon.”

They found the girl soon enough, about halfway between the mountain and the village; she was on her way back, the doll she so desperately needed in her left hand.
Lanhua called out. “Meili, your parents are so worried.”

Yang unstoppered a water bottle, and the girl drank deeply; evidently, in her single-mindedness to retrieve her doll, she’d forgotten to take any food or water.
Suxin said, “She can ride with me.”

Meili looked frightened, so Suxin consoled her. “Don’t worry, Moogh is my uncle, he looks strange, but he’s very gentle.”

Meili nodded, and Yang lifted her onto Moogh's back in front of Suxin, who whispered comforting words to her.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

*********************************************************************************************************
Of course, Xunying said he would look too as did Bailian and thus Weihu, but Gan put his foot down. “Nooooo, you won’t; my son and daughter will do the looking with Moogh, and the rest of us are going to the cave. Suxin steadfastly refused to leave her father’s side, so she was given dispensation to stay.

Lanhua smiled as she saw her dream coming together. “Don’t worry, we will find the girl; everything will be fine.”

Lanhua replied. “I did tell you about this dream, but I didn’t realise it was about the girl as well.”

Gan nodded. “Yes, I remember (no comma) I too didn’t take much notice of the girl’s part in it; I thought it was just about the meteors. If she did come this way, I would guess that she went back home to retrieve something she'd forgotten. Don’t dawdle. It’ll be dark soon.”

They found the girl soon enough, about halfway between the mountain and the village; she was on her way back, the doll she so desperately needed in her left hand.
Lanhua called out, “Meili, your parents are so worried.”

Yang unstoppered a water bottle, and the girl drank deeply; evidently, in her single-mindedness to retrieve her doll, she’d forgotten to take any food or water.

Meili looked frightened, so Suxin consoled her. “Don’t worry, Moogh is my uncle; he looks strange, but he’s very gentle.”
;
Meili nodded, and Yang lifted her onto Moogh's back in front of Suxin, who whispered comforting words to her.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Of course, Xunying said he would look, too, as did Bailian and [STRIKE]thus[/STRIKE] Weihu, but Gan put his foot down. “Nooooo, you won’t. My son and daughter will do the looking with Moogh, and the rest of us are going to the cave. Suxin steadfastly refused to leave her father’s side, so she was allowed to stay.

Lanhua smiled as she saw her dream coming together. “Don’t worry, we will find the girl. Everything will be fine.”

Gan nodded. “Yes, I remember. I, too, didn’t take much notice of the girl’s part in it; I thought it was just about the meteors. If she did come this way, I would guess that she went back home to retrieve something she'd forgotten. Don’t dawdle. It’ll be dark soon.”

They found the girl soon enough, about halfway between the mountain and the village. She was on her way back, the doll she so desperately needed in her left hand.

Lanhua called out. “Meili, your parents are so worried.”

Yang unstoppered a water bottle, and the girl drank deeply; [STRIKE]evidently,[/STRIKE] in her single-minded[STRIKE]ness[/STRIKE] trip/ effort/detour/trek to retrieve her doll, she’d forgotten to take any food or water.

Meili looked frightened, so Suxin consoled her. “Don’t worry, Moogh is my uncle, he looks strange, but he’s very gentle.”

Periods, commas.

Popes give dispensation. The rest of us give permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.