Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
"I am therefore writing to you to check whether the changes have been made to the role that I originally interviewed for, so that I might be considered for it."

I sent the above to a hiring manager one week ago. I would like to follow up with him but don't want to use " I would appreciate your feedback/ when I should expect your feedback. ".

What do you suggest to professional in this context.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"I am therefore writing to you to check whether the changes have been made to the role that I originally interviewed for, so that I might be considered for it."

I sent the above to a hiring manager one week ago. I would like to follow up with him but don't want to use "[no space]I would appreciate your feedback/When I should expect your feedback?"

What do you suggest [STRIKE]to professional[/STRIKE] in this context?
You're right, that was not a request for feedback. You don't want a critique. You want information.

The important thing, of course, is that you don't want to be a noodge. So you might wait a few more days. Then, if you still haven't heard back, you could write back. I would not ask when he will reply. Instead, try something like:

I'm just checking in regarding the job description for the position we discussed. Has it been updated?

Again, thank you for your interest.

That does not sound pushy. It's respectful. It just asks the question and expresses appreciation.

Note that we use the term job description when we talk about the specific duties of an employment position.

Status
Not open for further replies.