• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Post I would appreciate your feedback

"I am therefore writing to you to check whether the changes have been made to the role that I originally interviewed for, so that I might be considered for it."

I sent the above to a hiring manager one week ago. I would like to follow up with him but don't want to use " I would appreciate your feedback/ when I should expect your feedback. ".

What do you suggest to professional in this context.

Charlie Bernstein is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: I would appreciate your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Economist2010 View Post
    "I am therefore writing to you to check whether the changes have been made to the role that I originally interviewed for, so that I might be considered for it."

I sent the above to a hiring manager one week ago. I would like to follow up with him but don't want to use "[no space]I would appreciate your feedback/When I should expect your feedback?"

What do you suggest to professional in this context?
    You're right, that was not a request for feedback. You don't want a critique. You want information.

The important thing, of course, is that you don't want to be a noodge. So you might wait a few more days. Then, if you still haven't heard back, you could write back. I would not ask when he will reply. Instead, try something like:

I'm just checking in regarding the job description for the position we discussed. Has it been updated?

Again, thank you for your interest.

That does not sound pushy. It's respectful. It just asks the question and expresses appreciation.

Note that we use the term job description when we talk about the specific duties of an employment position.
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.