• Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Letter to landlord requesting reduction in Rent due to Covid-19

Please let me know if the below letter has any grammatical errors and any suggestions are also welcomed. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Good Morning Sir,

Hope you are well.

As you may know, the circumstances of the global pandemic has heavily impacted everyone and
    created a financial crisis for many. I find that due to impacts of the Coronavirus my income has reduced significantly, making it difficult for me to pay rent at this time. Also, I am getting married next month. So I am in too much of a burden of handling rent and staff salary. So i would be happy if some relief/ help is offered to me in rent during this pandemic time as our shop is permanently closed from 4th April 2021. If the shop is found opened then a penalty would be charged of 10k by NMMC. Till now I have made all payments on time and have kept your premises orderly and clean. I appreciate your understanding during this difficult situation. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
    xxxxx
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 18-Apr-2021 at 13:49. Reason: Removed quote box so we can quote the letter in our responses

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Letter to landlord requesting reduction in Rent due to Covid-19

You should be clear about what you're asking for (e.g. rent reduction, delay in payment, rent freeze, etc.)

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by snjpverma View Post
    Please let me know if the below letter has any grammatical errors. and Any suggestions and corrections are also welcomed.
    Thanks in advance for all your help. Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

Good Morning Dear Sir,

I hope you are well. Unnecessary.

As you may know, the circumstances of the global pandemic has heavily impacted everyone and created a financial crisis for many. I find that

Due to impacts the impact of the coronavirus, my income has reduced significantly, making it difficult for me to pay rent at this time. Also, I am getting married next month. So I am in too much of a burden of handling Rent and staff salary salaries are a heavy burden on my available funds.

So I would be happy grateful if some rent relief/ help is could be offered to me in rent during this pandemic time as our shop is has been permanently closed from since 4th April 2021.

If the shop is found opened then a penalty would be charged of 10k by NMMC. Unnecessary.

Till now I have made all previous payments on time and have kept your premises orderly and clean.

I appreciate your understanding during this difficult situation. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Yours faithfully
    xxxxx
    See above. I have made corrections and changes to the existing letter but I agree with teechar that you need to be more clear. Tell the landlord exactly what you would like him to consider/offer.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

tedmc is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

I think it would be better to propose the amount of reduction to the the landlord than wait for the landlord to give a figure. It serves at least as a starting point for negotiation.

Also, you can say that, due to the mandatory lockdown of the shop, you were unable to do business and get income to pay the rent.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.