Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I applied for a job recently and I am following up on my application but HR is ignoring my emails. I would like to tell them off tactfully in one sentence. I appreciate your suggestions.

My Suggestion:

Option 1: I am wondering why my follow up messages are being neglected. Hope I can get a positive feedback from you.

Option 2: I hope this message would be of interest and get a reply from your side this time.

alexanderfinn

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
No, don't blame them. Take the blame on yourself.

....I aologise for taking up your time in this matter. I trust you will understand that it is my enthusiasm for the position that causes me to write again.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I applied for a job recently and I am following up on my application but HR is ignoring my emails. I would like to tell them off tactfully in one sentence. I appreciate your suggestions.

My Suggestion:

Option 1: I am wondering why my follow up messages are being neglected. Hope I can get a positive feedback from you.

Option 2: I hope this message would be of interest and get a reply from your side this time.
Aside from their language mistakes, both are hostile. They both sound impatient — a bad quality in an employee. They will harm your chances of getting the job.

You can safely assume that if they never call you, it's because they don't want to hire you. They have not lost your contact information!

You can also safely assume that that if they do want to talk with you, they will call you, even if they're slow.

Maybe they have thousands of applications to process. Maybe they're short-staffed because of the pandemic. Maybe they're not well-managed. The reason doesn't matter.

So just sit tight. And keep applying elsewhere.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Economist2010, it's understandable that you're impatient. However, they probably get hundreds of emails and don't have time to answer them all.

Don't give them a reason to strike you from the list unless you don't want them to hire you. Work on that "patience" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.