Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
"I really appreciate your interest and enthusiasm of having me among the team and that you kept me having high hopes in being considered for a job role although the recruitment team keep saying the role is for national or the role is filled.

Whether or not I joined the company this is something I will keep appreciated and my sincere regards go to you for that.

I am myself also have a real interest in adding value to the team and for that I suggest to have me as a consultant. Could you check with the team that possibility."

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"I really appreciate your interest and your enthusiasm for having me on your team. Thank you for continuing to consider me for another job with the company.

Whether or not I joined the company, I appreciate it.

I [STRIKE]am myself also[/STRIKE] have a real interest in adding value to the team. For that, I'd be glad to contract with you as a consultant. Let me know if that's a possibility.
Keep sentences short.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I made some edits to my original text as follows:

"I am really grateful for your interest and enthusiasm of having me among the team. In our recent communication, you always was keen to keep my spirit up and kept me having high hopes that I might be considered for a job role although the continuous reply from recruitment team was not positive as yours as they kept saying that "the role is for national or the role is filled".

Whether or not I joined the company, I will be always grateful for what you did."

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I made some edits to my original text as follows:

"I am really grateful for your interest and for your enthusiasm for having me among the team. In our recent communications, you always were keen to keep my spirits up and kept me hopeful that I might be considered for a job. [STRIKE]role although the continuous reply from recruitment team was not positive as yours as they kept saying that "the role is for national or the role is filled".[/STRIKE]

Whether or not I join the company, I will be always grateful for what you did."
Interest and enthusiasm need different prepositions after them, so you can't follow "interest and enthusiasm" with one preposition. I separated them into different thoughts.

Don't criticize the recruitment team. That would be very bad form.

Last edited:

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Interest and enthusiasm need different prepositions after them, so you can't follow "interest and enthusiasm" with one preposition. I separated them into different thoughts.

Don't criticize the recruitment team. That would be very bad form.

I agree with you that I should not criticise the recruitment team.

I would like to show that although their feedback was not positive, he kept my hopes high. How can I say that tactfully without criticising them. Appreciate your suggestion.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What you want to say is not always what you should say. Why remind him that you got bad feedback? Just thanking him for his support is enough.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"I really appreciate your interest and enthusiasm of having me among the team

CharlieBernstein said:
I really appreciate your interest and your enthusiasm for having me on your team.

"I am really grateful for your interest and enthusiasm of having me among the team.

Economist2010, you have got to start taking notice of our corrections. Quote 1 above is your original text. Quote 2 above is Charlie's first response, with corrections to your original. Quote 3 is your rewrite. Why didn't you incorporate Charlie's corrections into your new version? Why did you change "I really appreciate your ..." to "I am really grateful for ..."? If Charlie had thought the opening words were incorrect, he would have changed them.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Does anybody feel that enthusiasm works better for an employee than an employer?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Economist2010, you are either on the team or not.

It seems that you are beating a dead horse.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I agree with you that I should not criticise the recruitment team.

I would like to show that although their feedback was not positive, he kept my hopes high. How can I say that tactfully without criticising them? . . . .
You can't. That's why you should not mention them.

When you're the boss, you can fire them.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Does that make sense, Eco? First get the job. Then blow everyone up.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
That's an interesting approach. (I don't recommend it.)
;-)
See Tdol's post 11. It's a sequencing thing. They have to work for you before you can fire them.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I did watch that video. The "hero" was doing quite well until he was shot and killed. It ended badly for him.

It's true that some people are hired with the idea that they are going to fire some people. Getting hired with the idea that you are going to fire some people you have developed a grudge against -- it's been done before, I'm sure. (Everything has.)

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I did watch that video. The "hero" was doing quite well until he was shot and killed. It ended badly for him.

It's true that some people are hired with the idea that they are going to fire some people. Getting hired with the idea that you are going to fire some people you have developed a grudge against -- it's been done before, I'm sure. (Everything has.)
Yup. Eco, it's called getting hired to clean house.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

It was a very bad day at the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.