Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
FAO: ETS GRE Department,

My name is XXXXXX, and I was supposed to take the GRE on March 28 at 10:00 AM in Hong Kong. I did bring my identification, but I was asked to show two forms of identification at the testing center (I did not know I need to have two forms of identification with me). I did come home to get another identification and go back there, but it was too late, so I was not allowed to take the test even though I arrived there early.

I am requesting that you be as lenient as possible when considering my situation and hope that you can rearrange the test for me. Also, I am willing to pay the extra fee for the rearrangement.

Best regards,
XXXXXXX

Does it make sense?
Is that polite?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

My name is XXXXXX, and I was supposed to take the GRE at 10am on March 28 [STRIKE]at 10:00 AM[/STRIKE] at [name of test centre] in Hong Kong.

I [STRIKE]did bring my[/STRIKE] had brought one form of identification [with me], but when I arrived I was asked to show two forms of identification [STRIKE]at the testing center[/STRIKE] (I did not know I needed two). [STRIKE]to have two forms of identification with me).[/STRIKE]

I [STRIKE]did come[/STRIKE] went home to get [STRIKE]another[/STRIKE] a second form of identification [STRIKE]and go back there,[/STRIKE] but by the time I got back to the test centre it was too late. [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] I was not allowed to take the test even though I had originally arrived [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] early.

[STRIKE]I am requesting that you be as lenient as possible when considering my situation[/STRIKE] I would like to ask that you reconsider the decision and [STRIKE]hope that you can[/STRIKE] rearrange the test for me. [STRIKE]Also,[/STRIKE] I am, of course, willing to pay [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] an extra fee for the rearrangement.

I look forward to hearing from you.

[STRIKE]Best[/STRIKE] Regards,
XXXXXXX

Does it make sense? Is [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] it polite?

See above. It makes sense and it's polite.

theol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Thanks.
I forgot to ask another question.
What would be a good subject line for my email?
I can't think of one.

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

My name is XXXXXX, and I was supposed to take the GRE on March 28 at 10:00 AM in Hong Kong. I did bring my identification, but I was asked to show two forms of identification at the testing center (I didn't [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] know I [STRIKE]need[/STRIKE] had to have two forms of identification with me). I [STRIKE]did come[/STRIKE] returned home to get another identification and [STRIKE]go back there[/STRIKE], returned to the center, but it was too late, so I was not allowed to take the test even though I arrived there early on my initial visit.

I am requesting that you be as lenient as possible when considering my situation and hope that you can rearrange the test for me. Also, I am willing to pay the extra fee for the rearrangement.

Best regards,
XXXXXXX

Does it make sense?
Is that polite?

Another option.

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks.
I forgot to ask another question.
What would be a good subject line for my email?
I can't think of one.

Request for Reconsideration.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Does it specify that you need to bring two forms of ID?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Does it specify that you need to bring two forms of ID?

My question too! Surely if the instructions said to bring only one form of ID, almost everyone would have been turned away. Are you sure you didn't just misread the instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.