Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Smile about ad & slogan

    hello, teachers

    I read a sentence from an article, it said"a good ad is a catchy slogan, or an unusual image, which could be easily remembered".

    And my question is:
    In my opinion, a catchy slogan, or an unusual image could be a good ad. But can we say a good ad "is" a catchy slogan, or an unusual image.

    Thanks a lot.

  2. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 24,983
    #2

    Re: about ad & slogan

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeWee View Post
    hello, teachers

    I read a sentence from an article, it said"a good ad is a catchy slogan, or an unusual image, which could be easily remembered".

    And my question is:
    In my opinion, a catchy slogan, or an unusual image could be a good ad. But can we say a good ad "is" a catchy slogan, or an unusual image.

    Thanks a lot.
    Yes. Two items connected by "or" make a singulalr subject. It is one or the other, not both.

  3. #3

    Post Re: about ad & slogan

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork View Post
    Yes. Two items connected by "or" make a singulalr subject. It is one or the other, not both.
    Thanks, Mike ^^

    Maybe I didn't make myself clearly understood, my question is: can we say

    a good ad = a catchy slogan, or a good ad = a unusual image, because I think that a slogan & an image are included in an ad.

    in other words, i think "an ad > a slogan or an image", so maybe we couldn't say ad "is" a slogan or an image. Is that right??? or...

    thanks lo

  4. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 24,983
    #4

    Re: about ad & slogan

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeWee View Post
    Thanks, Mike ^^

    Maybe I didn't make myself clearly understood, my question is: can we say

    a good ad = a catchy slogan, or a good ad = a unusual image, because I think that a slogan & an image are included in an ad.

    in other words, i think "an ad > a slogan or an image", so maybe we couldn't say ad "is" a slogan or an image. Is that right??? or...

    thanks lo
    I understand your point and you are probably correct about an image. A slogan, however, can be an add. Got Milk? Just do it.

  5. #5

    Re: about ad & slogan

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork View Post
    I understand your point and you are probably correct about an image. A slogan, however, can be an add. Got Milk? Just do it.
    Thanks lo, Mike

    I got the point.


  6. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 24,983
    #6

    Re: about ad & slogan

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeWee View Post
    Thanks lo, Mike

    I got the point.

    Great!

Similar Threads

  1. Got Milk ?
    By NandoAR in forum English Idioms and Sayings
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2006, 23:13
  2. does the slogan work?
    By NewHope in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-Nov-2004, 07:33
  3. slogan
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Jun-2004, 20:27
  4. Slogan for Internet Banking
    By Anonymous in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-Jan-2003, 01:09

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •