Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

****************************************************************************************************
Gan, his family, and his people prospered, merging with the people of the Jade Valley completely, leaving behind a legacy of knowledge, such as engineering, advanced (for the time) ceramics, metal-smithing, astronomy, paper making, writing, etc. Most of the knowledge was lost over time; some was passed down and some eventually passed beyond the valley as the people spread out. Thousands of years later, much of their legacy re-emerged, and who knows, it may have been reinvented, rediscovered, or maybe, just maybe, some of it lasted through time to become part of Chinese history.

As for Moogh, a once wild animal that became part of a family so much so that he was called uncle, he lived a much longer life than any other moose before or since. He died of old age with his family all about him, his large head cradled in Yang’s lap. It’s not the end of the story, much more was passed down through the family. This part I have described to you is the best part, but who knows what the future may add to it.

I am Debra (Meili) Wang, Yang’s cousin, and tomorrow is my seven thousand one hundred and seventy-fourth birthday.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

****************************************************************************************************
Gan, his family, and his people prospered, merging with the people of the Jade Valley completely, leaving behind a legacy of knowledge, such as engineering, advanced (for the time) ceramics, metal-smithing, astronomy, paper making, writing, etc. Most of the knowledge was lost over time; some was passed down and some eventually passed beyond the valley as the people spread out. Thousands of years later, much of their legacy re-emerged, and who knows, it may have been reinvented, rediscovered, or maybe, just maybe, some of it lasted through time to become part of Chinese history.

You can probably think of something more interesting to say than etc. It sounds like a business letter.

As for Moogh, a once wild animal that became part of a family so much so that he was called Uncle, he lived a much longer life than any other moose before or since. He died of old age with his family all about him, his large head cradled in Yang’s lap. It’s not the end of the story, much more was passed down through the family. This part I have described to you is the best part, but who knows what the future may add to it.

I am Debra (Meili) Wang, Yang’s cousin, and tomorrow is my seven thousand one hundred and seventy-fourth birthday.
Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.