Smile Leverage

Hi.

I heard Leverage in many time in my company, but I could not get exact meaning of it. For example,

"This will greatly strengthen our ability to maximize and leverage our resources and opportunities across the company. "

Here what does "leverage" mean?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Leverage

Being as much efficient as possible

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Leverage

Quote Originally Posted by jsnbs View Post
    Hi.

I heard Leverage in many time in my company, but I could not get exact meaning of it. For example,

"This will greatly strengthen our ability to maximize and leverage our resources and opportunities across the company. "

Here what does "leverage" mean?

Thanks in advance.
    In business, "leverage" (as a verb) means to use strengths gained in one area to improve another area.

An example: The company that made Marlboro the dominant cigarette brand realized that they had learned how to market one of a number of similar products in such a way that it became very successful among its competitiors. So they leveraged this knowledge by buying Miller beer. They then made Miller beer a huge success in the world of beers. Then they tried to leverage that success in the world of soft drinks. The company bought 7-up with the hope of challenging Coke and Pepsi. This time they failed miserably. Nobody's perfect!