Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone, this post are going to be my first here. My name is Alexey, I'm from Russia. Sorry, my writing could be really bad, but I'm going to work hard on it.

Why people use smartphones so often?
That is so typical to see a few people who seats at one table, and everyone is using his smartphone. Especially, it is so common between teenagers. You can enter into any cafe and notice many people who absorbed in their mobile phones. They don't communicate, they just do what they do when they are alone at home. I think that's kind of addiction. Technology and internet influence us really badly.

Well, that is enough for my first try. I'm sure here a lot of mistakes in my writing, and I'm ready to listen to your corrections.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hello everyone, this post [STRIKE]are going to be[/STRIKE] is my first here. My name is Alexey. I'm from Russia. Sorry, my writing could be really bad, but I'm going to work hard on it.

Why do people use smartphones so often?

[STRIKE]That[/STRIKE] It is so typical to see a few people [STRIKE]who seats at one[/STRIKE] sitting at a table[STRIKE], and everyone is[/STRIKE] using [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] their smartphone. [STRIKE]Especially,[/STRIKE] It is so common [STRIKE]between[/STRIKE] especially among teenagers. You can enter [STRIKE]into[/STRIKE] any cafe and notice many people [STRIKE]who [/STRIKE]absorbed in their mobile phones. They don't communicate; they just do what they do when they are alone at home. I think that's a kind of addiction. Technology and internet have influenced us really badly.

Well, that is enough for my first try. I'm sure[STRIKE] here[/STRIKE] there are a lot of mistakes in my writing, and I'm ready to listen to your corrections.

Hi Alexey
Welcome to the forum.

I do not understand the underlined part.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello, everyone.

This [STRIKE]post are going to be[/STRIKE] is my first post here. My name is Alexey no comma here and I'm from Russia. [STRIKE]Sorry,[/STRIKE] My writing [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] might be really bad, but I'm going to work hard on it.

Why do people use smartphones so often?

[STRIKE]That[/STRIKE] It is [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] very typical to see [STRIKE]a few[/STRIKE] people [STRIKE]who seats[/STRIKE] sitting at [STRIKE]one[/STRIKE] the same table, [STRIKE]and everyone is[/STRIKE] all using [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] their smartphones. [STRIKE]Especially,[/STRIKE] It is [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] very common [STRIKE]between[/STRIKE] with teenagers. You can enter [STRIKE]into[/STRIKE] any cafe and [STRIKE]notice[/STRIKE] see many people [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]absorbed in[/STRIKE] staring at their mobile phones. They don't communicate; they just [STRIKE]do what[/STRIKE] behave the same way they do when they are alone at home. I think that's a kind of addiction. Technology and the internet are very bad influences on us. [STRIKE]really badly.[/STRIKE]

Well, that is enough for my first try. I'm sure there are a lot of mistakes in my writing, and I'm [STRIKE]ready to listen[/STRIKE] looking forward to seeing your corrections.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above. Remember this piece of advice - don't use "so" when you mean "very".

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
They don't communicate, they just behave the same way they do when they are alone at home

emsr2d2
Isn't this a comma splice?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
emsr2d2
Isn't this a comma splice?

I've just seen your post - ten seconds ago, I spotted my error and changed the comma to a semi-colon. Thanks, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.