Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please let me know if the below letter has any grammatical errors and any suggestions are also welcomed. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Good Morning Sir,

Hope you are well.

As you may know, the circumstances of the global pandemic has heavily impacted everyone and
created a financial crisis for many. I find that due to impacts of the Coronavirus my income has reduced significantly, making it difficult for me to pay rent at this time. Also, I am getting married next month. So I am in too much of a burden of handling rent and staff salary. So i would be happy if some relief/ help is offered to me in rent during this pandemic time as our shop is permanently closed from 4th April 2021. If the shop is found opened then a penalty would be charged of 10k by NMMC. Till now I have made all payments on time and have kept your premises orderly and clean. I appreciate your understanding during this difficult situation. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You should be clear about what you're asking for (e.g. rent reduction, delay in payment, rent freeze, etc.)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please let me know if the below letter has any grammatical errors. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Any suggestions and corrections are also welcomed.
[STRIKE]Thanks in advance for all your help.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

[STRIKE]Good Morning[/STRIKE] Dear Sir,

[STRIKE]I hope you are well.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary.

As you [strike]may[/strike] know, [STRIKE]the circumstances of[/STRIKE] the global pandemic has heavily impacted everyone and created a financial crisis for many. [STRIKE]I find that[/STRIKE]

Due to [STRIKE]impacts[/STRIKE] the impact of the coronavirus, my income has reduced significantly, making it difficult for me to pay rent at this time. [STRIKE]Also, I am getting married next month.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]So I am in too much of a burden of handling[/STRIKE] Rent and staff [STRIKE]salary[/STRIKE] salaries are a heavy burden on my available funds.

[STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I would be [STRIKE]happy[/STRIKE] grateful if some rent relief/ help [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] could be offered to me [STRIKE]in rent during this pandemic time[/STRIKE] as our shop [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has been permanently closed [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] since 4th April 2021.

[STRIKE]If the shop is found opened then a penalty would be charged of 10k by NMMC.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary.

[STRIKE]Till now[/STRIKE] I have made all previous payments on time and have kept your premises orderly and clean.

I appreciate your understanding during this difficult situation. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

[STRIKE]Regards,[/STRIKE] Yours faithfully
xxxxx

See above. I have made corrections and changes to the existing letter but I agree with teechar that you need to be more clear. Tell the landlord exactly what you would like him to consider/offer.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I think it would be better to propose the amount of reduction to the the landlord than wait for the landlord to give a figure. It serves at least as a starting point for negotiation.

Also, you can say that, due to the mandatory lockdown of the shop, you were unable to do business and get income to pay the rent.

smith25

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm incredibly stressed over my circumstance. I would see the value in it assuming you would consent to a decrease in lease comparable to the deficiency of pay I have encountered. I have been your occupant for insert time of time and met my commitments to you already. A sample request letter for repair and maintenance right now would be extremely valuable.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I am not sure that your marriage is much of an argument to a landlord- the drop in revenue due to the pandemic is outside your control, but the increased expenditure because of your wedding can be delayed.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Smith25, are you asking a question or providing a sample?

Status
Not open for further replies.