Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

********************************************************************************************************
It didn’t take long to get the second wormhole ring in place, but the math and the programming was another thing entirely, something more complicated with some guesswork added. Having finished their work on positioning and programming the ring, Penny and her father laid some extension cables and set up signal boosters up to the house.Dylan didn’t want to take any risks. He just wished he had left the cables from the first experiments in place.

Dylan said, “Well, I guess there’s nothing more to do except power this thing up. Do you concur, Ms Roberts?”

Penny kissed her father’s cheek. “Yes, Professor Daddy, I concur.”

Dylan looked at his daughter with fondness. “I don’t think kissing the Professor is proper protocol, sweetie, but I’ll let you activate the system anyway.”

Penny was pleasantly surprised. Usually, her father insisted on doing such things himself, and anything he let her do, was double-checked. But this time, he insisted they double-check each other's work.

Penny inquired. “Did I get a promotion, Dad?”

Dylan smiled and winked at her. “So, you noticed. Yes dear, you are now my Junior Partner, and not just in name only, there are papers for you to sign in the study, I’ve already signed them.”

Penny walked over to her father and hugged him tight for a moment. “Thanks, Dad. I mean, Partner. I love you, Dad.”

Dylan said, “I hope you love me a little more; otherwise, I’m not getting anything out of this partnership I didn’t already have”.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

********************************************************************************************************
It didn’t take long to get the second wormhole ring in place, but the math and the programming was another thing entirely, something more complicated with some guesswork added. Having finished their work on positioning and programming the ring, Penny and her father laid some extension cables and set up signal boosters up to the house.Dylan didn’t want to take any risks. He just wished he had left the cables from the first experiments in place.

Dylan said, “Well, I guess there’s nothing more to do except power this thing up. Do you concur, Ms Roberts?”

Penny kissed her father’s cheek. “Yes, Professor Daddy. I concur.”

Dylan looked at his daughter with fondness. “I don’t think kissing the professor is proper protocol, sweetie, but I’ll let you activate the system anyway.”

Penny was pleasantly surprised. Usually, her father insisted on doing such things himself, and anything he let her do ;(no comma) was double-checked. But this time, he insisted they double-check each other's work.

Penny inquired. “Did I get a promotion, Dad?”

Dylan smiled and winked at her. “So, you noticed. Yes dear, you are now my junior partner, and not just in name only, there are papers for you to sign in the study, I’ve already signed them.”

Penny walked over to her father and hugged him tight for a moment. “Thanks, Dad. I mean, Partner. I love you, Dad.”

Dylan said, “I hope you love me a little more; otherwise, I’m not getting anything out of this partnership I didn’t already have”.

OK

Status
Not open for further replies.