Who is Mickey and Johnny?

Hello.
    I was reading a book in which the protagonist was talking about her childhood memory.
    "How my sister and brother hated me whenever my father gathered everyone in the living room for my Broadway show! At that moment, Mickey and Johnny would run out the back door in total embarrassment."
    I can guess Mickey and Johnny were some famous stage actors, but can someone tell who exactly these people are?

Re: Who is Mickey and Johnny?

I don't think they are famous stage actors. I think they are probably relatives of the protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by rewboss View Post
    I don't think they are famous stage actors. I think they are probably relatives of the protagonist.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure they are not relatives of the girl, however, more inclined to agree that they are not famous stage actors, as you pointed out.

I have searched and searched, but couldn't come across any actors' names related to Mickey and Johnny. My best guess is the girl wanted to mention average Joe actors.

I would appreciate any other comments.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

What is the name of the book? Perhaps that will give us more clues as to exactly who Mickey and Johnny were.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
    What is the name of the book? Perhaps that will give us more clues as to exactly who Mickey and Johnny were.
    Thanks for your attention. Sorry I forgot to properly include its source. It came from The Passion Test, written by Janet Bray Attwoood and Chris Attwood. The portion that I quoted was about Janet's childhood experiences. When she was little, she used to love to perform singing and dancing in front of people.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I found this excerpt from The Passion Test:

“I was only about 8 years old at the time. I used to lie in bed at night waiting for everyone in my family to go to sleep. I would then quietly sneak outside and once again enter my imaginary world. This was my favorite time of day. Underneath the corner street light, my world became a brightly lit stage. It was here that I revealed my deepest desires, always pretending the same thing: I was a beautiful, world-famous actress performing to thousands of ardent admirers. Into the quiet of the early morning, I would sing and dance with total abandon. There on my street corner stage, I felt truly alive and free.

“Whenever my aunts and uncles came to visit, I always made sure Dad had me dance and sing for them. How my brother and sister hated me whenever Dad gathered everyone in the living room for my Broadway show! At that moment, Mickey and Johnny would run out the back door in total embarrassment."

From this text, it sounds as though Mickey and Johnny are the author's brother and sister. Apparently, young Janet had dreamed of being a star from an early age, and would practice her "act" in secret whenever she had the chance. Then, when relatives came to visit, she willingly put on a "show" for them, much to the embarrassment of her siblings, Mickey and Johnny, who left the house because they were embarrassed by Janet's performance, and they didn't want to be called upon to perform after she was finished.

From this text, it sounds as though Mickey and Johnny are the author's brother and sister. Apparently, young Janet had dreamed of being a star from an early age, and would practice her "act" in secret whenever she had the chance. Then, when relatives came to visit, she willingly put on a "show" for them, much to the embarrassment of her siblings, Mickey and Johnny, who left the house because they were embarrassed by Janet's performance, and they didn't want to be called upon to perform after she was finished.
    Many thanks for your kindness. If Mickey and Johnny are her brother and sister, then aren't these names for guy's typical first names? This is still confusing me.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Yes, they are traditionally male names, but "Mickey" is often used as a nickname for certain girls' names, for example Michaelyn, Michaela, Mikayla, etc.

Yes, they are traditionally male names, but "Mickey" is often used as a nickname for certain girls' names, for example Michaelyn, Michaela, Mikayla, etc.
    Ouisch, thank you very much for taking your time and clarifying the mystery. Now I can go to bed. You have a wonderful day.

My thank also goes to rewboss, with my embarrassment.