Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Yoruba
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
Please kindly help me to review this research statement for my MBA scholarship application. The deadline is 1st of May and 500words maximum. Thanks

Dear Sir

I hereby apply for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at your award-winning institution. My admission into this program will be a catalyst to my professional development and fulfillment of my dream to be a management consultant. I am also keen to explore, learn, and share innovative ways of leading sustainable global businesses.

According to United Nations, Africa is home to 30 percent of the world’s mineral reserves, Africa’s problem is not lack of resources but lack of quality leadership and effective management of these resources. Africa also has the largest population of young people who are capable to drive sustainable economic growth, but those young people have been incapacitated, under-utilized and are wallowing in poverty, with almost fifty percent of the population living on less than $1.25 per day. This is largely due to a lack of visionary leaders who will effectively and judiciously develop and manage these natural resources for equitable and sustainable development. This problem cuts across political organizations, public corporations as well as privately owned businesses. Thus, there is an urgent need to address this critical issue.

In 2012, I graduated with a bachelor’s degree (second class, upper division) in Business Administration and Management from Lagos State University, and I was rank among the top 10 graduating students in my department.

My undergraduate program included research work in management and leadership. I also volunteered at different levels and undertook various leadership positions, such as Faculty Coordinator of Foursquare Campus Fellowship for two years. I also lead fellow classmates on an industrial research expedition, and our report was the best in the class. Annually, I plan, organize, and raise funds for summer class activities for students in my community during the summer break.

My excellent performance in my undergraduate courses will serve as a solid foundation for your program. The knowledge I will acquire from the program will enable me to deal with complex processes and structures in a constantly changing business environment. My research focus is on Strategic leadership, International management and Sustainable development. As this program is taught by renowned academics and global thought leaders across various industries, it would endow me with soft skills, managerial and leadership competencies, and valuable decision-making strategies.

My great networking and social skills will help me to settle in Vietnam. I am very excited about experiencing new cultures and living in a new environment which would enrich my knowledge for professional growth.

Upon my return to Nigeria, I plan to work as a Lecturer in a University, while setting up Business consultancy firm and a qualitative leadership academy to address the leadership challenges in Nigeria and Africa at large. Presently, I work as a credit analyst, where I developed models to support credit analysis, drafted a credit policy manual, and carried out a feasibility study on the location of our newest branch which is now a top performer.
My choice of studying in Vietnam is based on the high quality of education, vibrant economy and low cost of living.

I promise to be an asset to your institution if given the opportunity to be part of this program. I will approach the program with vigor, and do my best to succeed.

Thank you, and I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully,

Hassan Seun

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello, and welcome back. :)
Were you not successful with the program you applied for a few months ago?

Last edited by a moderator:

hasdan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Yoruba
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
My application was not forwarded by the Ministry of education in my country. The ministry suppose to conduct test and forward the names of successful applicant to the Hungarium Stipendium Scholarship Board.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
My application was not forwarded by the Ministry of Education in my country. The ministry was supposed to conduct test and forward the names of successful applicant to the Hungaricum Stipendium Scholarship Board.
Dear Sir/Madam,

I [STRIKE] hereby [/STRIKE] wish to apply for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at your award-winning institution. [STRIKE] My admission into [/STRIKE] This program will [STRIKE] be a catalyst to my professional development and fulfillment of [/STRIKE] help me achieve my dream [STRIKE] to be [/STRIKE] of becoming a management consultant. I am also keen to explore, learn, and share innovative ways of leading sustainable-global businesses.

According to United Nations, Africa is home to 30 percent of the world’s mineral reserves. Thus, Africa’s problem is not lack of resources but lack of quality leadership and effective management of these resources. Africa also has the largest population of young people who are capable [STRIKE] to [/STRIKE] of driving sustainable economic growth, but those young people have been [STRIKE] incapacitated, [/STRIKE] under-utilized and are [STRIKE] wallowing [/STRIKE] caught in the poverty trap, with almost fifty percent of the population living on less than $1.25 per day. This is largely due to a lack of visionary leaders who [STRIKE] are capable of utilizing [STRIKE] manage [/STRIKE] these natural resources for equitable and sustainable development. This problem cuts across political organizations, public corporations as well as privately owned businesses. Thus, there is an urgent need to address this critical issue.

In 2012, I graduated with a bachelor’s degree (second class, upper division) in Business Administration and Management from Lagos State University, and I was rank among the top 10 graduating students in my department.

My undergraduate program included research work in management and leadership. I also volunteered at different levels and undertook various leadership positions, such as Faculty Coordinator of Foursquare Campus Fellowship for two years. [STRIKE] I also [/STRIKE] Moreover, I lead fellow classmates on an industrial research expedition, and our report was the best in the class. Annually, I plan, organize, and raise funds for summer class activities for students in my community during the summer break.

My excellent performance in my undergraduate courses will serve as a solid foundation for your program.However, the knowledge I will acquire from the program will enable me to deal with complex processes and structures in a constantly changing business environment. My research focus is on strategic leadership, international management and sustainable development. As this program is taught by renowned academics and global thought leaders [STRIKE] across [/STRIKE] from various industries, it would endow me with soft skills, managerial and leadership competencies, and valuable decision-making strategies.

My [STRIKE] great [/STRIKE] networking and social skills will help me to settle in Vietnam. I am very excited about experiencing new cultures and living in a new environment which would enrich my knowledge for professional growth.

Upon my return to Nigeria, I plan to work as a lecturer in a university, while setting up a business consultancy firm and a qualitative leadership academy to address the leadership challenges in Nigeria and Africa at large. Presently, I work as a credit analyst, where I have developed models to support credit analysis, drafted a credit policy manual, and carried out a feasibility study on the location of our newest branch which is now a top performer.
My choice of studying in Vietnam is based on the high quality of education, vibrant economy and low cost of living.

I promise to be an asset to your institution if given the opportunity to be part of this program. I will approach the program with vigor, and do my best to succeed.

Thank you, and I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully,

Hassan Seun

Status
Not open for further replies.