• Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

In the picture I see

I will be grateful for corrections.

In the picture I see a building which looks like an castle. First I thought that the building is serve as a hotel or cathedral, but after all I think it's a castle surronded by the green trees. The castle was probably the most popular building in the Middle Ages, in epoch where the dragons and the other creatures existed in the awareness of the people from that age. The castle is almost all white. Only it's roof has a dark blue colour, I suppose.

In the picture I see a girl who is sitting in a train and listening to something with the headphones. I wonder what she is thinking about. The expression of her face suggests that is probably something pleasant. She is looking out of the train's window and admiring the view. She is wearing an orange hat and white sweater, so it was probably winter when the picture was taken. Or maybe it was autumn because I see no snow through the window, but who knows? Today's winters are getting warmer and warmer because of climate change. I hesitate because nobody knows, exept this girl in the picture, if it was morning or evening when the picture were taken. I think that it was evening. If you look closely at the trees through the window, you can almost see the sunset.
    Last edited by mdzugaj; 02-May-2021 at 12:59.

Charlie Bernstein is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: In the picture I see

Quote Originally Posted by mdzugaj View Post
    I will be grateful for corrections.

In a picture I see a building which looks like an castle. First I think that the building is serve as a hotel or cathedral, but then I think it's a castle surronded by the green trees. The castle was probably the most popular type of building in the Middle Ages, in an epoch where the dragons and the other creatures existed in the imaginations of the people from that age. The castle is almost all white. Only Its roof is dark blue colour, I suppose.

In a picture I see a girl who is sitting in a train and listening to something with the headphones. I wonder what she is thinking about. The expression of her face suggests that it is probably something pleasant. She is looking out of the train's window and admiring the view. She is wearing an orange hat and white sweater, so It was probably winter when the picture was taken. Or maybe it was autumn, because I see no snow through the window. But who knows? Today's winters are getting warmer and warmer because of climate change. I hesitate because nobody knows, except this girl in the picture, if it was morning or evening when the picture were was taken. I think that it was evening. If you look closely at the trees through the window, you can almost see the sunset.
    Your written English is good.

Suggestions:

- Review the uses of a and the.

- Notice that it's and its are not the same word. (It's a common mistake even among native English speakers.)
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 02-May-2021 at 14:46. Reason: Fixed typo
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

The first paragraph made me think you were talking about a painting. It was only in the second paragraph that I realised you were talking about a photograph. I'd call it a "photo" throughout, to make this clearer.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

Tarheel is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Say:

I think it's a castle surrounded by green trees.

I guess by "green" you are talking about the color of the leaves. (Do they come in other colors?)
    Not a professional teacher