Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi all,

I appreciate your kind help regarding the below.

The recruitment supervisor that has arranged for an interview for me is ignoring my recent messages of checking on the feedback on my assessment. I would like to tell her manager tactfully that it is unprofessional to ignoring the candidates' message and that I didn't keep my promise with the hiring manager to join within the first week of May because her.

I am worried that this might be considered as an escalation.

I come up with the below sentence on which I appreciate your feedback. I welcome your suggestions in what should be said in such a context without being considered as an escalation.

My suggestions:

1- I am following up with Sara but I don't know if my messages have been received or not.

2- I followed up with Sara many times but I expected that she is on leave or not available.

3- Because I didn't get any feedback from Sara on my last 3 emails, I approached you to guide me how to get the feedback on my assessment.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, all.

I would appreciate your [STRIKE]kind[/STRIKE] help [STRIKE]regarding[/STRIKE] with the [STRIKE]below[/STRIKE] following.

The recruitment supervisor [STRIKE]that has[/STRIKE] who arranged for me to have an interview [STRIKE]for me[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has been ignoring my recent messages [STRIKE]of checking on the[/STRIKE] asking for feedback on my assessment. I would like to tell her manager tactfully that it is unprofessional to [STRIKE]ignoring the[/STRIKE] ignore candidates' message, and that I didn't keep my promise [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] to the hiring manager to join within the first week of May because of her.

I am worried that this might be considered [STRIKE]as an escalation[/STRIKE] hostile/pushy/unprofessional.

I [STRIKE]come[/STRIKE] came up with the [STRIKE]below[/STRIKE] sentence below, on which I would appreciate your feedback. I welcome your suggestions [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of what should be said in such a context without it being considered [STRIKE]as an escalation[/STRIKE] hostile/pushy/unprofessional.

My suggestions:

1 - I [STRIKE]am following up[/STRIKE] have tried to follow up with Sara but I don't know if she has received my messages. [STRIKE]have been received or not.[/STRIKE]

2 - I [STRIKE]followed up with[/STRIKE] have emailed Sara [STRIKE]many[/STRIKE] several times but I [STRIKE]expected that[/STRIKE] now wonder if she is on leave. [STRIKE]or not available.[/STRIKE]

3 - Because I [STRIKE]didn't get any feedback[/STRIKE] haven't had a reply from Sara [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] to my last [STRIKE]3[/STRIKE] three emails, I [STRIKE]approached[/STRIKE] am approaching [STRIKE]you to guide me[/STRIKE] for guidance on how to get [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] some feedback on my assessment.

See above.

The terminology is getting confusing. Is the assessment the same thing as the interview? If not, in what order did they occur? Is Sara the recruitment supervisor? Is she responsible for sending out the results of candidates' assessments? Why did you promise the hiring manager that you would join the company in the first week of May if they hadn't formally offered you a job?

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Thanks emsr2d2.

The assessment is a second step after the interview.

Yes, Sara is a recruitment supervisor who arranged for the assessment and she is entitled to share with me some feedback on the assessment.

I promised the hiring manager as he and I never expected that the result of the assessment will not take much time as this. And as we had agreement to join shortly.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It may be an escalation if she is within her rights to handle the situation.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Yes, Sara is a recruitment supervisor who arranged for the assessment and she is entitled to share with me some feedback on the assessment.
Is she entitled or obliged to give you feedback?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Let me get this straight - you had an interview and then you had an assessment. Before receiving the results of either, and before being offered a job, you promised the hiring manager that you would start work at the company in the first week of May. Is that right? If so, I'm baffled by the way you think job vacancies and offers work. I'm sure I've said this before but I'll say it again. The normal way for it to work is this:

- You see a job advert.
- You apply for that specific job via a website or by post.
- You wait to hear if you've got an interview.
- If you haven't got an interview, you move on to the next interesting job vacancy you see advertised and start the whole process again.
- If you have got an interview, you attend it and do your best.
- You wait to hear if you've been successful (they're offering you a job).
- If you weren't successful, you move on to the next job advert. At this point, you might contact the company and ask for feedback on the interview so that you can do better at your next job interview. You don't ask them to reconsider or tell them what a bad decision they made.
- If you were successful, they offer you the job and they tell you when they'd like you to start.
- In due course, you start your new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.