• English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

when light passes through the clouds

I want to express the idea that light passes through the clouds. Are these correct and natural?

1. Faint sunlight leaked through puffy clouds, painting the mountains with a copper gleam.
    2. Dim moonlight streamed through the clouds, casting a pale hazy orange over the hills.
    3. The rays of a setting sun spilled from above the clouds, bathing the sky in a hazy pinkish glimmer.
    4. Sunlight bled through the clouds, and the sky was wrapped in its hazy light.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 13-May-2021 at 20:07. Reason: Removed multiple unnecessary line breaks

Charlie Bernstein is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: when light passes through the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by alpacinoutd View Post
    I want to express the idea that light passes through the clouds. Are these correct and natural?

1. Faint sunlight filtered through puffy clouds, painting the mountains with a copper gleam.
    2. Dim moonlight streamed through the clouds, casting a pale hazy orange over the hills.
    3. The rays of a setting sun spilled through the clouds, bathing the sky in a hazy pinkish glimmer.
    4. Sunlight bled through the clouds, and the sky was wrapped in its hazy light.
    Bled is odd, but in the right context it can work.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 13-May-2021 at 20:07. Reason: Removed unnecessary line breaks from the quote
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.