• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

take the other person's inventory??

THe following sentences are from the article " Is your realtionship workth keeping?", and Some of the sentences are not clear to me. can you help me?
    I would appreciate whatever help you provide.

..... Peole say they don't want to 'take the other person's inventory." But being judgemental is not the same as having judgement or discernment about the character of the people you deelpy in love.

.. don't gloss over abuse( withholding affection, exclusionary behaviour, requring you change before things get better)

....Look at anomalies in context. Is this (bad behaviour) a regular occurance or is this something that happen occasionally?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: take the other person's inventory??

Quote Originally Posted by bosun View Post
    THe following sentences are from the article " Is your realtionship workth keeping?", and Some of the sentences are not clear to me. can you help me?
    I would appreciate whatever help you provide.

..... Peole say they don't want to 'take the other person's inventory." But being judgemental is not the same as having judgement or discernment about the character of the people you deelpy in love.

.. don't gloss over abuse( withholding affection, exclusionary behaviour, requring you change before things get better)

....Look at anomalies in context. Is this (bad behaviour) a regular occurance or is this something that happen occasionally?
    1. This would be evaluating the person and making note of their good points and bad points, similar to doing an inventory in a shop.

2. "Gloss over" means to minimize the importance of something. In this case, the sentence asks one to take signs of abuse seriously.

3. An anomaly is a deviation form the normal. "In context" means in that specific situation.