• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Red face wash awat past cares?

The following sentences are form the article which introduce the world famous springs and as usual i have some questions about the following sentences and please help me !!!!!!!

1.( vichy spring) The atmosphere of imperial glamour survivies among the opera house, casoin and gardens which attracted the rishest of 19th century.

what is the meaing of survivves among here??

2,Peole carrying little container head as one to the Hall des Sources.
    what does it mean by head as one?

3. the scalding water bubbling through the rock can catch out the unwary. Even those who take a dip in the sea to cool off can find themselve suddenly blasted by a boiling jet.
    what does it mean by can catch out the unwary and blasted by a boiling jet?

4.at the spa, the emphasis is on simplicity, with plain functional accommodation just a few paces away from.. after half an hour you are eased tenderly out of the bath, an still wet and muddy,.. what does it mean by emphasis is on .... and you are eased tenderly...?

5.A[COLOR="red"] film of Moor has built up over 30000 years from medicinal herbs and plants which, steeped in the hard water of the area have broken down to yield a potent cocktail of potentially therapeutic substances.
    ( i have no idea what the above sentnece indicates...????

I would appreciate whatever information you provice. thanks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: wash awat past cares?

Quote Originally Posted by bosun View Post
    The following sentences are form the article which introduce the world famous springs and as usual i have some questions about the following sentences and please help me !!!!!!!

1.( vichy spring) The atmosphere of imperial glamour survivies among the opera house, casoin and gardens which attracted the rishest of 19th century.

what is the meaing of survivves among here??

2,Peole carrying little container head as one to the Hall des Sources.
    what does it mean by head as one?

3. the scalding water bubbling through the rock can catch out the unwary. Even those who take a dip in the sea to cool off can find themselve suddenly blasted by a boiling jet.
    what does it mean by can catch out the unwary and blasted by a boiling jet?

4.at the spa, the emphasis is on simplicity, with plain functional accommodation just a few paces away from.. after half an hour you are eased tenderly out of the bath, an still wet and muddy,.. what does it mean by emphasis is on .... and you are eased tenderly...?

5.A[color="red"] film of Moor has built up over 30000 years from medicinal herbs and plants which, steeped in the hard water of the area have broken down to yield a potent cocktail of potentially therapeutic substances.
    ( i have no idea what the above sentnece indicates...????

I would appreciate whatever information you provice. thanks
    1. It means that old imperial glamour can still be noticed in those buildings. The atmosphere of that glamour survives to the present day.

2. "Head as one" means "Move in that direction as if they were one person".

3. "Catch out the inwary" means to surprise those who don't know about the hot water jet. "Blasted by a boiling jet" means subjected to a stream of hot water.

4. "Emphasis on" means that is the main feature (simple and functional).
    "Eased tenderly" means gently taken by the hand" or "gently led".

5. It theoretically explains the benefit of bathing in spa water. After thousands of years, the remains of decayed plants and herbs have formed a film of Moor (layer on the water which contains the remains of plants of the Moor). This cocktail (mixture) of various substances might make you healthier.