Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I wanted to write and essay about how modern stressful life affects us and how travel can help us about this. Please if you find mistakes or weird expressions correct them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Our modern life is a frantic struggle. We have to deal with lots of responsibility that sometimes even don't give us a chance for self-reflection. Long work hours cause us to feel overwhelmed. Lack of connection with nature makes our life dull and grey. At one point we need renewal. Traveling enables us to get that renewal. For me traveling a destination surronded bu nature is the best way for renewal. Exposing stillness in a upland can be a rewarding activity. Actually the main purpose for all of this is staying away from responsibilities, burdens and problems just for some time so that I hae time to know myslef. When the one thinks he or she will understand how hard to know himself or herself. It's surprisingly hard and modern life style makes it harder. We don't know ourselves because we can't hear the inner voice. What we want, who we want to be with, where we want to be... All of this have already been answered by the society. When I ponder about this now I understand why Montaigne chose to write his book in a remote place. He even said ''otherwise it wouldn't have been mine''. İn order to appreciate the world around us I think firstly we need to understand ourselves. When we view traveling from this perspective it can be a life-changing activity. It can leave indelible marks.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Welcome, Azilon!

What is the essay for?

Azilon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
It is a writing exercise from an English learning book that teachs reading and writing. I wonder if you could correct my mistakes.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I wanted to write and essay about how modern stressful life affects us and how travel can help with this. If you find mistakes or weird expressions, correct them. Thanks [STRIKE]in advance[/STRIKE] for your help.

Our modern life is a frantic struggle. We have to deal with lots of responsibilities that sometimes don't even give us a chance for self-reflection. Long work hours cause us to feel overwhelmed. Lack of connection with nature makes our life dull and grey. At some point, we need renewal. Traveling enables us to get that renewal.

[paragraph break]

For me, traveling to a destination surrounded by nature is the best path to renewal. Experiencing stillness in highlands can be a rewarding activity. Actually, the main purpose for all of this is staying away from responsibilities, burdens and problems for a little while so that I have time to know myself. When [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] we think about it, we canl understand how hard it is to know ourselves. It's surprisingly hard, and modern lifestyles makes it harder. We don't know ourselves because we can't hear our inner voices — what we want, who we want to be with, where we want to be. All of this has already been answered by [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] society.

[paragraph break]

When I ponder about this now, I understand why Montaigne chose to write his book in a remote place. He even said, ''otherwise it wouldn't have been mine''. İn order to appreciate the world around us, I think firstly we need to understand ourselves. When we view traveling from this perspective, it can be a life-changing activity. It can leave indelible marks.
You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.