Diary entry - Recently, I had a suspected paranormal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Recently, I had a suspected paranormal experience. One day, while sleeping, I was woken up by some knocking sound. At first, I ignored it. After a few seconds, the knocking sound came through again. It sounded like someone was knocking on the window so I looked towards it. Then, I saw a horrendous image on the curtain - a silhouette of a round head and a palm! I was frightened and screamed and asked my mum to come into my room. Before she came in, I looked at the curtain again and the silhouette was still there! However, It had disappeared, when my mum came in and she found nothing behind the curtain. I'm not sure what it was because the silhouette was smooth without human-like joints. I asked my mum if she had knocked on anything. She said she was chopping. I don't know if the sound came from chopping. I don't want to experience that kind of stuff again! Never!

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Recently, I had a suspected paranormal experience. [STRIKE]One day,[/STRIKE] While sleeping, I was woken up by [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] a knocking sound. At first, I ignored it. After a few seconds, the [STRIKE]knocking[/STRIKE] sound [STRIKE]came through[/STRIKE] happened again. It sounded like someone was knocking on the window so I looked towards it. [STRIKE]Then,[/STRIKE] I saw a horrendous image [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] behind the curtain - a silhouette of a round head and a palm! I was frightened, [strike]and[/strike] I screamed, and then I asked my mum to come into my room. Before she came in, I looked at the curtain again and the silhouette was still there! However, it had disappeared no comma here [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] by the time my mum came in, and she found nothing behind the curtain. I'm not sure what it was because the silhouette was smooth without human-like joints. I asked my mum if she had knocked on anything. She said she [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] had been chopping food/wood/something. I don't know if [STRIKE]the sound came from[/STRIKE] what I heard was her chopping. I don't want to experience that kind of [STRIKE]stuff[/STRIKE] thing again! Ever!

See my corrections above. I don't understand your point about it not having "human-like joints". You saw a round head and a palm. Where would you have expected to see joints (knee, elbow, wrist etc)?

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
See my corrections above. I don't understand your point about it not having "human-like joints". You saw a round head and a palm. Where would you have expected to see joints (knee, elbow, wrist etc)?
I don't know if fingers count. I think I should have said "a hand" instead.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't know if fingers count. I think I should have said "a hand" instead.

Fingers aren't joints. They have joints (knuckles). Coming back to your original, I must admit that I'm not sure why you thought it was a palm just from a silhouette. If there were no fingers and, presumably, you couldn't see the lines that are on people's palms, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that it was a palm.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I saw something like this:
38ac3906-d878-4a97-b9d6-710971502264.jpg

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Oh, so it did have fingers! I'd say I saw "the silhouette of a five-fingered hand".

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
That's scary, Maybo.
:cry::cry: