Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
As I shared earlier, I reached the offer stage for one of the jobs that I have applied for recently. I have gone through all the assessment, providing them with a presentation, and have been accepted for the first and second interviews.

The offer is still stuck with HR for approval. It took too much time than expected. I asked my future manager to push on HR to get things moving forward but it seems that it needs a high-level of management involvement to get things moving forward.

In the first place, I have made the first interview with the GM of the department who later forward my application to my future manager for a second interview. Can I send directly to the GM to get his involvement to get the final approval on my offer or this will be considered as bypassing my future manager?

If your answer is yes, I will send him the following:

"Throughout last month I keep following with HR and Mohamed (my future manager) to get the things move forward regarding my offer that it is stuck with HR fo final approval. But it seems that your involvement and support is needed with their support to get the things moving forward and unstuck the offer.

I am sure that you take this seriously and spare no effort until you get me on board"

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
unstick

I'd scrap the last sentence.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Throughout last month I [STRIKE]keep [/STRIKE] kept following up with HR and Mohamed (my future manager) to get the things regarding my job offer held up by them moving [STRIKE]move forward[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]regarding my offer [/STRIKE][STRIKE]that it is stuck with HR fo final approval[/STRIKE]. But it seems that your personal attention [STRIKE]involvement and support[/STRIKE] is needed [STRIKE]with their support to get the things moving forward and unstuck the offer.[/STRIKE] to give the matter a push.

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I think it's time you started looking for another job.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
As I [STRIKE]shared[/STRIKE] explained [STRIKE]earlier[/STRIKE] in a previous post, I have reached the offer stage for one of the jobs that I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] applied for recently. I have [STRIKE]gone[/STRIKE] been through all the assessments, [STRIKE]providing[/STRIKE] given them [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] a presentation, and have been [STRIKE]accepted for[/STRIKE] through the first and second interviews.

The job offer is still stuck with the HR department for approval. It [STRIKE]took[/STRIKE] is taking [STRIKE]too much time[/STRIKE] longer than expected. I asked my future manager to [STRIKE]push on[/STRIKE] encourage HR to get things moving [STRIKE]forward[/STRIKE] but it seems that it needs a high-level [STRIKE]of management[/STRIKE] manager's involvement to get things moving forward.

[STRIKE]In the first place,[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]have made[/STRIKE] had the first interview with the General Manager of the department, [strike]who[/strike] and he later forwarded my application to my future manager for a second interview. Can I send an email directly to the GM to [STRIKE]get his involvement[/STRIKE] ask him to get involved [STRIKE]to get the final approval on my offer[/STRIKE] or would this [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] be considered [strike]as[/strike] to be bypassing my future manager?

If your answer to the first question is yes, I will send him the following:

"Dear [name of GM]

[STRIKE]Throughout[/STRIKE] Over the last month, I [STRIKE]keep following[/STRIKE] I have been in regular contact with HR and Mohamed + surname (my future manager) to get [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] things moving forward regarding my job offer, [STRIKE]that it[/STRIKE] which is stuck with HR [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] awaiting final approval. [STRIKE]But it seems that your involvement and support is needed with their support to get the things moving forward and unstuck the offer.[/STRIKE] I wonder if you would be able to liaise with HR to expedite that approval.

[STRIKE]I am sure that you take this seriously and spare no effort until you get me on board.[/STRIKE]"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely"

emsr2d2

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I thought of something out of the box which I think it might work better in this situation. I thought of sending directly to HR and copy both my future manager and the GM. By doing so, I will get the GM involved but in direct and he surely will give it a push.

I am going to send them the below e-mail on which I appreciate your help.

"I am writing to you with hope that the things are no longer stuck and that there are some good news regarding the awaiting final approval on my offer.

I take the advantage of this and I am copying my future manager and GM that you might see that their involvement might be needed to get the process moving ahead incase the offer is still stuck. And I am fully assured that they can do something to finalise the offer step and move forward to the next step in the process. "

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I thought of something [STRIKE]out of the box which[/STRIKE] I think it might work better in this situation. I thought of sending this directly to HR and copy both my future manager and the GM. By doing so, I will get the GM involved indirectly, and he might give it a push.

I am going to send them the below e-mail, on which I appreciate your help.

"I am writing to you in the hope that [STRIKE]the things are no longer stuck and that[/STRIKE] you have news regarding my job application.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Economist

cc:
[name of future manager]
[name of general manager]

[STRIKE]I take the advantage of this and I am copying my future manager and GM that you might see that their involvement might be needed to get the process moving ahead incase the offer is still stuck. And I am fully assured that they can do something to finalise the offer step and move forward to the next step in the process. "[/STRIKE]
Calling your application "stuck" would be a red flag.

Don't list the people you're ccing in the text. It's customary to simply list them at the bottom of the letter. This is not "out of the box." It's a standard practice.

The reason is that it saves the reader time and is therefore more polite (and therefore more effective).

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I entirely agree that you should stop referring to the offer as "stuck". It's a negative word and sounds as if you're being rude about the company's procedures. You really have got to learn how to be more polite.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The person concerned is not your future manager until you have received and accepted a firm offer of employment.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Good point. He's your "prospective manager" or your "potential future manager".

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Good point. He's your "prospective manager" or your "potential future manager".
Yes, or you could call the person the department head.

Don't call it "my job offer." The job is theirs to offer, not yours. And they haven't offered it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.