Diary entry - Today, my mother asked me to buy fish for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Today, my mother asked me to buy fish for dinner. I don't like to go to the seafood area in the market because I'm afraid of living fish. Every time they flip, they almost give me a heart attack. I don't like to deal with shrimps either. Once, when my mother was cooking shrimps, one of them accidentally fell and needled her foot. The wound turned into a 9cm large bruise within an hour. We then went to the hospital. The doctor couldn't believe that wound was caused by a little shrimp and suspected that what she actually meant was "lobster" (Shrimp and lobster have similar names in Chinese). Since then, I have reduced eating seafood and preferred frozen seafood.

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Today, my mother asked me to buy fish for dinner. I don't like to go to the seafood area in the market because I'm afraid of live fish. Every time they flip, they almost give me a heart attack. I don't like to deal with shrimps, either. Once, when my mother was cooking shrimp, one of them accidentally fell and needled her foot. The wound turned into a 9cm [STRIKE]large[/STRIKE] bruise within an hour. We [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] went to the hospital. The doctor couldn't believe that wound was caused by a little shrimp and suspected that what she actually meant was "lobster". (Shrimp and lobster have similar names in Chinese.) Since then, I have reduced eating fresh seafood and prefer[STRIKE]red[/STRIKE] frozen [STRIKE]seafood[/STRIKE].
Ow!

Status
Not open for further replies.