Use of the prepositions "in", "of" and "from".

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcofabri

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hi,

I am in doubt if I am using correct prepositions in some figure titles of my manuscript.

Figure 2- Basal cardiac function and incidence of ventricular arrhythmia and fibrillation in AL18 and CR18 rats.

Figure 2- Basal cardiac function and incidence of ventricular arrhythmia and fibrillation of AL18 and CR18 rats.

Figure 3 – Cardiac histological data from AL18 and CR18 rats.

Thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi. It's unnecessary to keep opening with a greeting. Just go straight in with your question.

I am [STRIKE]in doubt[/STRIKE] not sure if I am using the correct prepositions in some figure titles [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in my manuscript.

Figure 2- Basal cardiac function and incidence of ventricular arrhythmia and fibrillation in AL18 and CR18 rats. :tick:
Figure 2- Basal cardiac function and incidence of ventricular arrhythmia and fibrillation of AL18 and CR18 rats. :cross:
Figure 3 – Cardiac histological data from AL18 and CR18 rats. :cross:

Thanks. There is no need to thank us before we help you. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

See above.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What does Figure 2 show? For Figure 3, I think you could possibly use from, but of sounds more natural to me. (not a scientist)

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
in is the right preposition for Figure 2.

As for Figure 3, it isn't clear what you mean by from, but I'm guessing it isn't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.