[Essay] Some of the articles focused on the physical problems experienced by firefighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

osman

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Does my sentence sound clearer?
"Some of the articles focused on the physical problems experienced by firefighters during fire response activities, and these articles underline the need to initiate emergency physical interventions among firefighters who experience physical problems."

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello osman, and welcome. :)
I do not understand what you mean by "initiate emergency physical interventions among firefighters".

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
... clearer than what?

osman

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello osman, and welcome. :)
I do not understand what you mean by "initiate emergency physical interventions among firefighters".

Hello Teacher,
First of all, I am happy to find this website and to be here. I hope the sentence sounds toı me like it does to you. :lol: With that part of the sentence, I tried to say "....to carry out health interventions to help firefüghters resolve their physical problems." Does not it match the meaning? Thanks

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Does my sentence sound clear?
"Some of the articles focus on the physical problems experienced by firefighters during fire response activities, and these articles underscore the need to initiate emergency physical interventions among firefighters who experience physical problems."
Hello, Osman!

It's grammatical and makes sense, but it's very wordy. More natural:

Some of the articles focus on ailments and injuries firefighters suffer on the job, stressing the need to treat them quickly.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have changed your thread title. Titles should be unique and relevant to the post, and should include some/all of the words/phrases/sentences you are asking us about. Your actual question (in this case "Is my sentence clear?") should appear only in the main body of post #1.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

"Some of the articles focused on the physical problems experienced by firefighters during fire response activities, and these articles underline the need to initiate emergency physical interventions among firefighters who experience physical problems."​

The description using vague terms underlined above is not clear.

How about:

Some of the articles focus on the incidences of injuries sustained by firefighters in the course of performing their duties, which call for putting in place emergency medical facilities (on standby) to attend to them promptly.

Is this what the writer means?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.