Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
"I can't choose between reading the both book each for an hour a day or reading one of them for two hours a day"
I wondered if that sentence is correct in terms of structure. Especially the part of "reading the both book each for an hour a day". I'm trying to say that I have two books I want to read however I can't decide wheter to read both of them each for an hour on the same day or to read one of them for two hours a day and to read the other one the next day for two hours. I want to construct a sentence that envoys that meaning properly. I want your corrections and opinions. Thank you

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"I can't [STRIKE]choose[/STRIKE] decide between reading [STRIKE]the both[/STRIKE] each book [STRIKE]each[/STRIKE] for an hour a day or reading one of them for two hours a day."

[STRIKE]I wondered[/STRIKE] I'm not sure if that sentence is correct in terms of structure, especially [STRIKE]the part of[/STRIKE] "reading the both book each for an hour a day".

I'm trying to say that I have two books I want to read [STRIKE]however[/STRIKE] but I can't decide whether to read [STRIKE]both[/STRIKE] each of them [STRIKE]each[/STRIKE] for an hour on the same day or to read one of them for two hours a day and to read the other one for two hours the next day. [STRIKE]for two hours.[/STRIKE] I want to construct a sentence that [strike]envoys[/strike] conveys that meaning. [STRIKE]properly.[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] would like your corrections and opinions.

Thank you.

emsr2d2

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
"reading the both book each for an hour a day".
That is not grammatical. See suggestion above.
Also, you need "conveys" instead of "envoys".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.