Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Hello good people, I have been trying to write a kickass motivational letter for masters program. I would highly appreciate your feedback and corrections. I have minimal experience writing formal letters, so thank you for your help.

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

With this letter I am applying for Masters of Science in Applied Computer Science. Having professional experience as a software engineer, I thrive to learn about new and advanced topics that can help me develop better quality products. I also believe this programme will allow me to explore new possibilities to solve real world problems that we face. I have found the course outline for this programme to be most suited for my career goals.

With three years of working experience, I have learned about the software industry and its challenges. I have worked on startups making products from scratch to established firm with well-maintained products. Having experienced the industry, I have decided to pursue higher studies on applied science, which I believe will contribute to my career. I wish to take the knowledge gained from this programme and fully use it in my career.

I have worked on different environments with different approaches for development, which helped me get a clearer vision and better understanding about my future goals. I would like to continue working as a developer and eventually lead a team. The outlines of the course align with my interest, which is to master development in web applications.

My high school life in the Philippines will help me adapt to the new culture and lifestyle in Norway. I bring diversity, adaptability and an open mind which will help me cope and develop alongside my peers. I like to stay curious and tinker with new things. I am motivated and a positive minded person, who tries to get the positivity out of any situation. I hope the knowledge and skills from my university and professional experience make me a valuable addition to the Masters programme.

I hope you will consider me as a suitable candidate for the master’s programme as it will assist me with my professional career that will prepare me to become a leader with the knowledge of designing highly sophisticated products.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Help with motivational Letter for Masters

Before we look at the content, please use the Edit Post facility to add an empty line between every paragraph. A big block of text like that is practically unreadable. While you're editing it, note that we don't say "Dear Concern". Try to reword that. Remember to click "Save" when you've made your changes.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello eewah,
- What is the submission deadline for your letter?
- What is the word limit?
- Which areas/topics were you asked to cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.