Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Hi everyone, I have written a Personal Statement scholarship for the MSc Big Data. I would like to get some feedback.

These are the guidelines provided as below:

This statement must be no longer than 500 words. You must use it to explain why you want to study at this University and how your chosen course is intended to help you to achieve your career or life goals.

Nowadays, data is a powerful tool for business development, anticipating future environmental problems, and helping with the handling of disasters. The (University name) offers a course that links Machine learning and Big Data. As I wish to research into climate change, I plan to pursue all 2 domains of study. This cross-disciplinary learning at (University name) seems an ideal route for me to achieve this.

(University name)’s postgraduate program would allow me to work with instructors, such as (Professor name) and (Professor name), who are involved in Machine Learning for extreme event and Big Data research, respectively. With them, I can advance the work I have already completed related to how climate change affected the businesses. Over the years, storms have struck (Country name), affecting more than 20,000 households. If we can use the data to predict these events, the loss may be decreased. I have a feeling of empathy and want to save people from these disasters.

At the (Graduated University), I worked with an advisor on the climate change from the Fukushima nuclear power plant explosion in 2011. I have studied how the post-explosion climate affects people, data which we imported into Python, to display significant activity in the Fukushima areas. I created models, through which will predict the behavior and feelings of the people and the place that they want to live after an incident affected by a climate change. Seeing the presentation was incredibly inspiring to me because I finally realized how carbon energy from nuclear power affects global warming and people's mental health. I want to repeat this experience. Successfully analyzing this study pushes me to pursue climate charts in more depth.

In terms of data driving, I believe Big Data is a tool for improving automatic forecasts or decision methods. After I reviewed the (University name) curriculum, I became interested in the statistics and complex models subjects as they are helpful in predict possible climate change. This course should provide me with an insight into how data is used to analyze the path of storms, earthquakes, and do visualization of the coverage area that investigates impacts for people.

In addition, I want to help people in disaster-prone areas. The first disaster prevention project I wanted to accomplish throughout my career was to create a natural disaster prediction application, such as a smartwatch or mobile app that would provide people with free notifications. This project will use data from relevant agencies, with the data collected will include rainfall recordings and flood simulations, which can predict storms better than traditional systems. I plan to collect data consisting of images, places, and clouds that can be processed by AI. The system will simulate climate diagrams to track and forecast flood damage, along with other methods. It can foretell the path of climatic disasters quite accurately and warn people in advance.

I hope you will consider me a suitable candidate for this degree as it will assist me with a professional career that will prepare me to become a data scientist that could help me make my aims a reality.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
When do you have to submit it by?

kennai

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
November 2021

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Nowadays, data is a powerful tool for business development, anticipating future environmental problems, and in the handling of disasters. The (University name) offers a course that links machine learning and big data. As I wish to research climate change, I plan to study both those fields. This cross-disciplinary program at (University name) is thus an ideal route for me to achieve this.

(University name)’s postgraduate program would allow me to work with instructors, such as (Professor name) and (Professor name), who are involved in machine learning for extreme events and big data research, respectively. With them, I can advance the work I have already completed related to how climate change affects businesses. Over recent years, storms have regularly struck (Country name), affecting more than 20,000 households. If we can use the data to predict these events, future loss may be decreased and people’s lives can be saved.

At the (Graduated University), I worked with an advisor on climate change from the Fukushima nuclear power plant explosion in 2011. I have studied how the post-explosion climate affects people, data which we imported into Python. I created models which will predict the behavior and reactions of the people towards the place that they want to live in after an incident related to climate change. Seeing the outcomes of that model was incredibly inspiring to me because I finally realized how carbon energy from nuclear power affects global warming and people's mental health. I want to repeat this experience. Successfully analyzing this study pushes me to pursue climate charts in more depth.

In terms of data-driven predictions, I believe big data is a tool for improving automatic forecasts or decision methods. After I reviewed the (University name) curriculum, I became interested in the statistics and complex models subjects as they are helpful in predicting possible climate change. This course should provide me with an insight into how data is used to analyze the path of storms, and the site of earthquakes, and to visualize the impacted area.

In addition, I want to help people in disaster-prone areas. The first disaster prevention project I wanted to accomplish in my career was to create a natural disaster prediction application, such as a smartwatch or mobile app that would provide people with free notifications. This project uses data from relevant agencies, with the data collected including rainfall recordings and flood simulations, which can predict storms better than traditional systems. I plan to collect data consisting of images, place locations, and cloud coverage that can be processed by AI. The system will simulate climate diagrams to track and forecast flood damage, along with other methods. It can foretell the path of climatic disasters quite accurately and warn people in advance.

I hope you will consider me a suitable candidate for this degree as it will assist me in my career and prepare me to become a professional data scientist.

kennai

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Thank you for correcting me

Based on the question that the University provided to explain, do you think I've written all of them ok or not in this article?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you for correcting [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] my text.

Based on the questions that the university provided/asked, [STRIKE]to explain,[/STRIKE] do you think I've [STRIKE]written[/STRIKE] addressed all of them? [STRIKE]ok or not in this article?[/STRIKE]
Given that the word limit is only 500 words, I think you've done okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.