• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

snatched into fictions?

"Like all real persons who find themselves snatched into fictions, Aladdin had a superreal presence that challenged the world's boundaries and a simple logic that stretched the rules." -- The Black Book by Orhan Pamuk

real persons snatched into fictions?
    a superreal presence that challenged the world's boundaries?
    a simple logic that stretched the rules?

Can anybody tell me what kind of a person the writer tries to describe here?

Re: snatched into fictions?

First of all, I have to say that I find these sentences rather self-contradictory, but anyway...

"real persons snatched into fictions"=real ("realistic", if you prefer) persons that find themselves caught in a series of events that are not real (i.e. they are supernatural/unrealistic/unprecedented)

"a superreal presence that challenged the world's boundaries"=It means that Aladdin's (supernatural/surreal) actions and their consequences caused a distortion of the "real world" boundaries.

"a simple logic that stretched the rules?"=Aladdin's simple logic (again we have a reversal. His logic is described as "simple", not surreal) challenged the conditions usually found in "the real world"

Like I said, I find this short text rather self-contradictory