• Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

• Post Thanks / Like

Cool advice or advices?

Hello!
    I just found a sentnece like I I'd like to receive your advices, which I think wrong because advice is uncoutable nown . what do you think? Is it acceptable?

Also, I have another question about preposition.
    Could you introduce me to someone who doesn't mind working long hours? ( whihc intends to say I am looking for someone who doesn't mind long hours) In this case does " to" need?

finally, if you see any problems in the follwoing sentneces can you correct them?

Thank you very much for giving me a warm farewell party a few days ago.( can I say a few days ago instead of the other day?)

I have a lot of experience to install( or in installing? I am not sure) all kinds of Web Server.
    Therefore, I think I will be able to help your company to do this work. ??

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: advice or advices?

Quote Originally Posted by bosun View Post
    Hello!
    I just found a sentnece like I I'd like to receive your advices, which I think wrong because advice is uncoutable nown . what do you think? Is it acceptable?

Also, I have another question about preposition.
    Could you introduce me to someone who doesn't mind working long hours? ( whihc intends to say I am looking for someone who doesn't mind long hours) In this case does " to" need?

finally, if you see any problems in the follwoing sentneces can you correct them?

Thank you very much for giving me a warm farewell party a few days ago.( can I say a few days ago instead of the other day?)

I have a lot of experience to install( or in installing? I am not sure) all kinds of Web Server.
    Therefore, I think I will be able to help your company to do this work. ??
    There is a plural form of advice, but it is rarely used. In that form, it means "news" or "messages". If you mean "counsel" use the non-count form.

In that sentence "to" is needed.

You say: introduce me to someone, not introduce me someone.

It is better with "the other day", IMO.

You should use just "installing" or "with installing". I would also use servers.

Therefore, I think I will be able to help your company to do this work.??[/

After "help" you can use the bare infinitive "do" or the complete infinirtive "to do". Because of the "to" before "help", I would use the bare infinitive.