1. Ana Laura

Cool piece of writing.

Hello,

I would like to know if this text is correct.

How I met John

After finishing high school, I decided to go to England to learn English with a group of friends. We were Mexican girls and thought it would be useful to learn English to get better jobs. We arrived at The British Institute in London on September last year. The course was only for 3 months but we learnt a lot and lost our embarrassment of talking to native speakers. John Clifton was one of the British teachers of the Institute. He had a great personality and a great body too. A nice young man of about 25 years old, slim with eye-catching muscles, white complexion and big blue eyes. His Spanish was perfect so that he understood us very well. We were always laughing in his classes because he was always telling us his amusing experiences with the language when he traveled to Cuba once. His stories helped us to feel more confident when learning a foreign language and its pronunciation as well. We were a small group and sometimes went out with him on the weekends. It was there, on my free time, when I met him well. Sometimes we talked in Spanish and sometimes in English although it was difficult for me to express myself in particular topics. Finally after a month and a half, we started dating reliably. I spent an unforgettable time with him going to other parts of England. When my time there came to an end, he decided to go to Mexico with me to meet my family. All my relatives were surprised with my new boyfriendís ability to understand them and soon got on well with him. After 2 years and 3 months we got married in Acapulco and now we have a six-year old daughter called Esperanza who knows English better than me.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: piece of writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Laura View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to know if this text is correct.
    How I met John
    After finishing high school, I decided to go to England to learn English with a group of friends. We were young Mexican girls and thought it would be useful to learn English to get better jobs.

We arrived at The British Institute in London in September that year. The course was only for 3 months but we learnt a lot and lost our embarrassment of talking to native speakers.

John Clifton was one of the British teachers at the Institute. He had a great personality and a great body too! He was a nice young man around 25 years old, slim with eye-catching muscles, white complexion and big blue eyes.

His Spanish was perfect so he understood us very well. We were always laughing in his classes because he was always telling us his amusing experiences with the language when he once traveled to Cuba.

His stories helped us to feel more confident when learning a foreign language including proper pronunciation.

As we were a small group we sometimes went out with him at the weekend. It was during this free time that I got to know him better. Sometimes we talked in Spanish and sometimes in English, although it was sometimes difficult for me to express myself in some topics.

Finally after a month and a half, we started dating regularly. I spent unforgettable times with him going to other parts of England.

When my time there came to an end, he decided to come back to Mexico with me to meet my family. All my relatives were surprised with my new boyfriendís ability to understand them and soon got on well with him.

After 2 years and 3 months we got married in Acapulco and now we have a six-year old daughter called Esperanza who knows English better than me.

That is a start. There are probably others who can add to it. By the way, where is John now and why isn't he helping you with this?