Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I would like some feedback to improve my essay.

QUALITIES THAT CONTRIBUTE TO A SUCCESSFUL LIFE
In this day and age, aspiring to be successful is a growing trend. To achieve this, we must consider different things. This essay discusses why being ambitious and honest are two paramount qualities we must have to accomplish great things.

First and foremost, being successful equals to being happy. Contrary to popular belief, happiness has nothing to do with an endpoint, and everything to do with falling in love with a process. To set a goal we need to be ambitious. This is to say, never be complacent and always relish a challenge. Ambition leads us to leave our comfort zone and, therefore, grow. The most important thing to bear in mind is to be aware of the headway we are making by stacking our small wins.

Furthermore, we must be trustworthy in order to be praiseworthy. Letting others know they can run problems past us helps to build relationships. However, someone whenever does this hopes you will be honest. A compelling point is that we are always expecting others to be honest with us, when we rarely are. Nevertheless, many regard honesty as rudeness, so we must take into account to whom we are taking to decide whether it is appropriate to say what we are thinking.

To summarize, ambition (working towards a goal) and honesty (telling the truth) are salient qualities that help us succeed. To my mind, the former outweighs the latter. This is because because nobody ever got anything from wanting it badly enough , and to take action we must be ambitious.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
In this day and age, aspiring to be successful is a growing trend.
Everybody wants to be successful.

To achieve this, we must consider different things. This essay discusses why being ambitious and honest are two paramount qualities we must have to accomplish great things.
This essay discusses the qualities a person needs to possess in order to have a successful life. The qualities I have chosen are drive/ambition and integrity.

Success does not equate to happiness,

Last edited:

laluuuusii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
In this day and age, aspiring to be successful is a growing trend.
Everybody wants to be successful.

To achieve this, we must consider different things. This essay discusses why being ambitious and honest are two paramount qualities we must have to accomplish great things.
This essay discusses the qualities a person needs to possess in order to have a successful life. The qualities I have chosen are drive/ambition and integrity.

Success does not equate to happiness,

It does for me . If I manage to live happily and doing what I love , I will consider this a success. Other thing is that successful people (wealthy people) don’t manage to be happy. It depends on what your definition of success is.

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Was Steve Jobs successful? Of course he was, but he was not happy, at least not in his final days. Others, celebrities and the rich and famous, do not have a happy personal life for various other reasons.

laluuuusii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Was Steve Jobs successful? Of course he was, but he was not happy, at least not in his final days. Others, celebrities and the rich and famous, do not have a happy personal life for various other reasons.
For that, they are not completely successful to me. Success has sometimes nothing to do with wealth.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
For that, they are not completely successful to me. Success has sometimes nothing to do with wealth.

Okay, you tell me what success is then if you say Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple and one of the greatest innovators of our time, is "not completely successful.

Jemima23

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Okay, you tell me what success is then if you say Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple and one of the greatest innovators of our time, is "not completely successful.

I'm pretty sure this debate won't go anywhere, since I don't believe there can be one universal definition of success or happiness, for that matter.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I'm pretty sure this debate won't go anywhere, since I don't believe there can be one universal definition of success or happiness, for that matter.

That may be true, but as far as the essay is concerned, it is important to be clear what a successful life is, since it is the keyword in the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.