Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Do you believe in science?

There are people who don't believe in science. Unlike them, I am a big believer in science. Those who see ghosts or believe in shamans who cleverly possess/bewitch people, controlling their psychology do not believe in science. I believe in science. The reason is simple. Science finds common sense principles with theoretical knowledge and finds causes and reasons.

Then, how much do you believe in science? I completely believe in science. I don’t believe in things that cannot be scientifically proven or unknown. I don't like things that cleverly possess human psychology. I don't believe in ghosts and I don't believe in shamans. I believed in them when I was younger. But after growing up, I couldn't believe in them. That's when I started believing in science. The reason that I don’t trust unscientific things is that their reasons and causes are unclear, and there are numerous questions about humans’ being alive, remembering, and having emotions.
------------------------------------
Please correct the mistakes.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Those who see ghosts or who believe in shamans who bewitch people, controlling their thoughts, do not believe in science.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Science and superstition are opposites. We learn considerable through science -- more every day. We learn nothing through superstition.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

How much do you believe in science?

And:

I don't believe in things that cannot be scientifically proven.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't like things that cleverly possess human psychology.

I don't understand that.
:-?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Is believing in ghosts the greatest anti-science threat at the moment? I imagine that many anti-vaxxers don't believe in ghosts, but disbelieve science.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't believe in ghosts, and I don't believe in shamans.

Well, we know that shamans exist. Maybe you mean that their treatments are ineffective. Or that they belong to a bygone era.

The reason that I don't trust unscientific things is that their reasons and causes are unclear, and there are numerous questions about humans' being alive, remembering, and having emotions.

I don't know what you mean by "their reasons and causes are unclear". Also, nobody disputes that humans are alive, remember, and have emotions.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I don't believe in ghosts, and I don't believe in shamans.

Well, we know that shamans exist. Maybe you mean that their treatments are ineffective. Or that they belong to a bygone era.

The reason that I don't trust unscientific things is that their reasons and causes are unclear, and there are numerous questions about humans' being alive, remembering, and having emotions.

I don't know what you mean by "their reasons and causes are unclear". Also, nobody disputes that humans are alive, remember, and have emotions.
Sorry this paragraph is unmeaningful. Please forget it.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
unmeaningful -> meaningless

Status
Not open for further replies.