Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Should I use "of the discovering" "of discovering" or "in discovering" in my first sentence and should I use the definite article before "life on other planets"? Could you tell me if the rest is correct?

"There may be some disadvantages of (the) discovering life on other planets." The absence of the international suppoting programs. It is like a race. Each country wants to be the best in the space race. We have to create international programs for exploring space and create international universities connected with the space programs. There may be new inventions during the space exploration."

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Should I use "of the discovering", "of discovering" or "in discovering" in my first sentence and should I use the definite article before "life on other planets"? Could you tell me if the rest is correct?

"There may be some disadvantages of the [STRIKE]discovering [/STRIKE] discovery of life on other planets. The absence of the international supporting programs. (this is not a sentence) . It is like a race. Each country wants to be the best in the space race. We have to create international programs for exploring space and create international universities connected with the space programs. There may be new inventions during the space exploration. (The space program may spur new inventions)"

Status
Not open for further replies.