[General] Penny opened the money-belt and pulled out the device (Part 2 of a sci-fi novel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.
*************************************************************************************************************

Penny opened the money-belt and pulled out the device her father had designed for just such a situation. Her father had attached a note to the device. The note said, “Remember, whatever you do, do not show this device or the one secreted in your journal to anyone. Don’t tell anyone about the wormhole. Keep as much as you can to yourself. I will find you!!! I love you, Penny, Dad”.

A rush of memories flooded Penny’s mind, and she briefly swooned, having been made dizzy by the inrush of information. “Oh my god, it actually happened”. Looking around, she now realised she was home, but the buildings she called home had not been built, not yet. Though, maybe the buildings had been demolished long ago. Penny decided to go with the idea of her being in the past for now. Sticking out in the past was most likely the most dangerous; everyone probably stuck out in the future.

Back in Dylan’s present; Dylan had narrowed down his daughter’s whenabouts to the past, somewhere between 1875 and 1900. Penny, being in the past, worried him most of all. Dylan knew a bit about people’s attitudes to women, and those attitudes were usually not positive for someone as outspoken as Penny, especially in the past. Penny would be the most educated and intelligent person on the planet, and she was not shy about her intelligence. Dylan prayed, not to god, but his daughter. “Please, Penny, please keep your opinions to yourself, and don’t attract any attention”.

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Re: Part 2 of a sci-fi - When Elsewhen, Wormholes Open

Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.
*************************************************************************************************************

Penny opened the money belt and pulled out the device her father had designed for just such a situation. Her father had attached a note to the device. The note said, “Remember, whatever you do, do not show this device or the one [STRIKE]secreted [/STRIKE] kept as a secret in your journal to anyone. Don’t tell anyone about the wormhole. Keep it as much as you can to yourself. I will find you!!! I love you, Penny. Dad”.

A rush (gush) of memories flooded Penny’s mind, and she briefly swooned, having been made dizzy by the inrush of information. “Oh my god, it actually happened”. Looking around, she now realised she was home, but the buildings she called home had not been built, not yet. Though, maybe the buildings had been demolished long ago. Penny decided to go with the idea of her being in the past for now. Sticking out in the past was most likely the most dangerous; everyone probably stuck out in the future.

Back [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to Dylan’s present; Dylan had narrowed down his daughter’s whereabouts [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] in the past, somewhere between 1875 and 1900. Penny, being in the past, worried him most of all. Dylan knew a bit about people’s attitudes towards women, and those attitudes were usually not positive for someone as outspoken as Penny, especially in the past. Penny would be the most educated and intelligent person on the planet, and she was not shy about her intelligence. Dylan prayed, not to god, but his daughter. “Please, Penny, please keep your opinions to yourself, and don’t attract any attention”.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
God or god?
Penny would/could be?

Status