Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
In the 21st century, the number of smoking teenagers is increasing. No matter how desperately you try to stop them from smoking or buying cigarettes, they can use adults to buy cigarettes and alcohol. Even smoking has become a must-have item for bullies, saying they look strong when they smoke.
Cigarettes are also harmful to adults. However, having to sell cigarettes continuously costs less to make cigarettes and more people buy them.
==========================================
Could you correct any mistake above?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'd say teenagers smoking. The last sentence doesn't make much sense to me as the price of cigarettes in many countries has little to do with costs and more to do with sin taxes. Also, fewer people are smoking in many countries.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
PS The title harmful smoking implies that some smoking may be less harmful- all smoking is harmful, and I used to smoke.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In the 21st century, the number of teenagers smoking is increasing. No matter how desperately you try to stop them from smoking or buying cigarettes, they can use adults to buy cigarettes and alcohol. Cigarettes have become a must-have item for bullies; they say they look strong when they smoke.

I am unable to offer changes for the last part. It's too much of a mystery to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.