Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Many people buy cigarettes only when they sell them, so they fill the country with cigarettes. Everyone knows that cigarettes are harmful to the body. Smoking is harmful, but smoke is more harmful.
When we smoke, our body's organs die one by one. It also lowers the probability that we can live healthily. We can see a picture of the side effects of smoking on the cigarette box, saying we shouldn't smoke, but people still smoke, so this method has made a vicious circle/cycle.
=============================================
Could you correct any mistakes above?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Who wrote that? Was it one of your students? If so, can you not point out to them some of the mistakes in it? Can you spot any? Look up "passive smoking" and you'll get some ideas.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Lung cancer, emphysema and COPD are not side effects- they are direct consequences. I was in a country in the developing world where a neighbour banned BAT products to protect the domestic tobacco industry. BAT then, allegedly, smuggled them across the border in such numbers from the country I was living in that the government did a deal. Are you saying that this is the case in Korea? Cigarettes are relatively cheap here in Japan- half the price of the UK - but filling a country with cigarettes in an advanced democracy like yours? I have my doubts. Cigarettes may be cheaper here than in the West, but you can't smoke them on the streets.

Many people buy cigarettes only when they sell them

And how else? Smugglers sell them.

I'm anti-smoking, but these arguments are all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.