Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
My name is Lina Bitam. I am a graduate student from the University of Algiers 1. I obtained my master's degree in 2020, speciality pharmaceutical chemistry, but before my specialization, I was a chemistry bachelor student. My 5 years spent pursuing graduate studies, underlined my interest in chemistry in general, and in research more specifically.The fact that I was involved in two different but very related field which are chemistry and pharmaceutics, made me more open minded about my career planes, and this is the reason that pushed me to develop my self by attending online certified courses from different known universities like Birmingham University, Davidson University and UC San Diego University about subjects like drug discovery, but also U.Tokyo University and Manchester University about quantum mechanics of molecular structures and molecular spectroscopy. including reading books to enrich my knowledge, like the medicinal chemistry book and Organic chemistry book from Oxford University, these two books allowed me to have a better view about my field of interest, but also allowed me to acquire new knowledge.

Furthermore, my internships where i learned to master the use of HPLC, in addition to GC-MS, and other various techniques of analysis as IR spectroscopy, UV, FTIR, HPLC, CPG, also helped me to decide more accurately what I want to do in the future. For instance, I did two internships in pharmaceutical companies (Beker laboratories and Pharmalliance laboratories ) and another one in the forensic science laboratory during my master thesis. This was a research project about the degradation of pharmaceutical products in pharmaceutical industries, using photocatalysis in aqueous media with sunlight, UV and nanomaterials. this project is important to me, and i am willing to continue my researches in it, because i noticed during my internships in the pharmaceutical industries that the elimination of the drugs is mostly made by incineration, which is an alarming problem for the environment, therefore if I can find the right way to degrade this products without side effect for the environment, it could be revolutionary.

Nanomaterials are the future of science, and I want to be part of it, so my research proposal is about synthesising polyaniline which is an extremely interesting polymer used in different studies, because of its high conductivity and it’s quite simple synthetic method to produce it, The technique that could be adopted in this work for the elimination of Paracetamol residues in water is heterogeneous photocatalysis in aqueous media, using the polyaniline (PANI) synthesized by in situ oxidation and for optimal efficiency, TiO2 or activated carbon particles could be added to the PANI. Also the photocatalytic degradation of the active ingredients should be performed under various conditions. Another step that is relevant is the characterisation techniques that will facilitate our research and future conclusions.

My interest for nanomaterials all started from my thesis project, but it was strengthened with all the additional online courses and books that I took and read. Moreover, the university made me acquire a heavy and varied background like biochemistry, mineral chemistry, analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, pharmacology, polymers chemistry, spectroscopy, Galenic pharmacy, and medicines technology. I was also taking advantage to tutor my classmates before the exams, which made me acquire a good teaching background . On top of this, knowing different scientists from different backgrounds during my internships supported my vision and mesmerised me about research. In september 2021, when I was an intern at Beker laboratories, I had the chance to discover all different departement like quality assurance department, but the thing that caused me concern is the degradation and elimination of active ingredients, and it is at this moment when the idea of continuing a phd degree inspired by my master’s degree thesis. Also one of the things that helped me to improve, is my language background, since I master 4 different languages, which was very helpful during interpretation of the scientific articles.Beside my scholar achievement, I am interested in volunteering work and charity, because in my point of view these kinds of things are more important than personal accomplishment, helping people is something special, and I am willing to become successful mostly to become able to support the disadvantaged persons.

Finally, my research interest matches perfectly with the phd chemistry program at koc university, because of the availability of multiple laboratories like Polymer Research Laboratory, Inorganic Synthesis/X-ray Diffraction Laboratory and Quantum Dot and Nanoparticle Synthesis Laboratory. And competent professors like doctor İskender Yılgör that I already contacted to be part of his team, because he has an extensive experience in the structural design, synthesis, characterization, modification and applications of polymers, and doctor Funda Yağcı Acar with a research interest that matches mine perfectly.

Attending this university is a natural step for me, and I am prepared to take and work tirelessly to be sure of my extremely big motivation, determination, and persistence, I am ready to make all kinds of sacrifices to become successful. With both diligence and alacrity. I’ve made my decision. Now, I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
1- What is the word limit?
2- When is the submission deadline?
3- Which areas/topics were you asked to cover?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please use the Edit Post facility to put an empty line between each paragraph. That huge, solid block of text is very hard to read.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Linawissem, I have added the required line breaks between paragraphs for you. Note that you can edit a post for only 24 hours after you post it so you really need to keep an eye on your threads so that you can read our responses in good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.