1. Ana Laura

Smile a text about a lost child.

hello,

Would you please tell me if this short text is correct? please..just I want to know your opinion.

Last Thursday I was walking through a colorful park, when I saw a boy of about four years old crying desperately. I hesitated whether to approach him or not because maybe his mother was around. So in order to make sure, I looked around the place but saw nothing. In the end, I walked toward him and asked ‘Where’s your mummy?’ He looked me straight to my eyes and said in a low voice ‘Mummy… I want my mummy’. It broke my heart to think that this little red-haired boy was alone in this huge dangerous city. I hold his hand and took him to the nearest police station. I explained the event to one of the policemen there and they told me they could not do anything unless they had a telephone number or an address to find the adult in charge. I could not have left the child alone in that insecure place hence I phoned my husband and told him what had happened and said I would arrive home later. I, along with one of the policeman, asked the boy some questions to get information but he did not utter a word. Not only was he as white as sheet but he also was exhausted that he nearly fell asleep. I sat on a chair and he rested his head on my shoulder. After an hour and a half, a policeman woke me up and with a smile on his face said ‘Lady, we found the mother’. A tall, pretty woman approached us and hugged the child tightly to her chest. Then, she looked at me and thanked me for looking after her baby and taking him to the police. She said she learnt her son was lost when while she was working, her eleven-year old daughter called her saying he had disappeared from her view. After that peculiar experience, my husband and I are now more concerned about the security of out little daughter.

Re: a text about a lost child.

Hi, Ana Laura
    The red is my version, the blue is where I doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Laura View Post
    hello,
    Last Thursday I was walking through a colorful park, when I saw a boy of about four years old crying desperately. I hesitated whether to approach him or not because maybe his mother was around.(because his mother might be around) So in order to make sure, I looked around the place but saw nothing. In the end, I walked toward him and asked ‘Where’s your mummy?’ He looked me straight in my eyes and said in a low voice ‘Mummy… I want my mummy’. It broke my heart to think that this little red-haired boy was alone in this huge dangerous city. I hold his hand and took him to the nearest police station. I explained what had happened to one of the policemen there and they told me they could not do anything unless they had a telephone number or an address to find the adult in charge. I could not leave the child alone in that insecure place, so I phoned my husband and told him about everything and said I would arrive home later. I, along with one of the policeman, asked the boy some questions but he did not utter a word. Not only was he as white as sheet (??) but he also was so exhausted that he nearly fell asleep. I sat on a chair and he rested his head on my shoulder. After an hour and a half, a policeman woke me up and with a smile on his face said ‘Lady, we found the mother’. A tall, pretty woman approached us and hugged the child tightly to her chest(??). Then, she looked at me and thanked me for looking after her baby and taking him to the police. She said she'd learnt her son was lost while she was working; her eleven-year old daughter called her saying she had lost sight of him. After that peculiar experience, my husband and I are now more concerned about the security of out little daughter.
    Regards