• Post Thanks / Like

Smile Article - help

I´d like to ask for correction of this article.
    Thanks in advance

Technology and me
    Can you imagine your life without any modern technologies ? Most of us couldn´t survive without technical development. I´m not an exception to the rule. I´m also dependant on the recent inventions by virtue of helping me overcome all everyday troubles. So I can have fun and enjoy every minute of my life thanks to them.
    Then, I find some of them worth my while for gettting new information or finding out the old ones for my studies at the university. So it´s useful for me to watch Tv, listen to the radio or to serve on the internet. From time to time I need to recharge my batteries and get away from it all by watching new amazing movies, chatting on my mobile phone or by playing thrilling computer games on my laptop .
    For preparing a delicious meal or doing some houseworks, I have to use other machines such as a fridge, a cooker, a mixer, a microwave, a vacuum cleaner, a lawn mower and so on. Without them it would take a lot of doing for sure.

Medical technologies help me throught all my life as well . They´ll make my life longer and save me especilally when I am seriously ill or injured. Some of them produce a large range of medicines which come in handy when I have headache, earache, flue or sore throat to feel much better.

Finally, I admire and love most of modern facilities . I´m looking forward to see other inventions in near future that would solve problems with natural disasters, fatal diseases (such as cancer or AIDS) or with other global issues. It could bring along numerous risks and troubles because all these fantastic technologies can be abused and destroy our planet easily but I hope it would never happen. What do you think about that? Should we worry about our future or not?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Article - help

Say modern technology. We say modern technology to contrast what came before the advent of trains, airplanes, automobiles, the widespread use of electricity, refrigeration, computers, etc. Those things have revolutionized the way we live our lives.

I'm not sure what you mean by serve on the Internet. Doresearch? Browse websites?

Say housework. Say:
    For preparing a delicious meal or doing housework, I use other machines such as a fridge, a cooker, a mixer, a microwave, a vacuum cleaner, a lawn mower and so on.

Re:
    Medical technologies help me throught all my life as well . They´ll make my life longer and save me especilally when I am seriously ill or injured. Some of them produce a large range of medicines which come in handy when I have headache, earache, flue [flu] or sore throat to feel much better.

Try:
    Medical technologies help me maintain my health. Modern medicine has procuced a broad range of medicines which combat a variety of ailments.
    Say:
    I'm looking forward to seeing other inventions....
    Be more specific about what you mean by modern facilities. (I think you are looking for a different word there.)

~R
    Last edited by RonBee; 28-Oct-2006 at 21:05.