Two lil questions

I have two questions to ask:
    1) What does "feel the groove", "groove up" means? Maybe it's a slang?
    2) For the making question of this answer " I go to XYZ school", should we ask "Where do you go?" or "Where do you go to school?", and why?

Beside, the's one sentence" Everything____into consideration, they ought to have another chance"
    a) to take
    b) taken
    c) to taken
    d) taking

Which one?
    Last edited by Belly T; 05-Nov-2006 at 08:14.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Two lil questions

Quote Originally Posted by Belly T View Post
    I have two questions to ask:
    1) What does "feel the groove", "groove up" means? Maybe it's a slang?
    Yes, it's slang. Musically speaking, the "groove" is the part of the song that is established by the rhythm section - the bass and the drums. If a song has a very catchy beat, or a heavy, mesmerizing bass line, we might comment on it by saying, "Wow, do you feel that groove?" Or is someone is tapping their toes or subtly dancing to it, we'd say "Fred is really feeling the groove." It is also used to direct other musicians or dancers who are off-beat: "Just listen for a moment, and feel the groove." (I'm not familiar with a lot of contemporary music, but some examples of "old school" songs with a heavy bass line and a deep "groove" are "Superfreak" by Rick James, "Tear the Roof off the Sucker" by Parliament and "Another One Bites the Dust by Queen.)

2) For the making question of this answer " I go to XYZ school", should we ask "Where do you go?" or "Where do you go to school?", and why?
    If the answer is "I go to XYZ School," then the question would probably be "Where do you go to school?" If you simply asked "Where do you go?" there could be many possible meanings with different answers. You could very well be asking them where they go skateboarding or swimming or to buy the best donuts.

Beside, the's one sentence" Everything____into consideration, they ought to have another chance"
    a) to take
    b) taken
    c) to taken
    d) taking
    Taken.

Re: Two lil questions

About the last question, why we choose "taken" here? There's no "to be" verb!