is this okay- any valid suggestions?

VDSL can be activated only after the negotiation and training are performed repeatedly bewteen the VTU-C and the VTU-R, so the parameters after port activation are a little different from those used by line profile though a set of profile data can be referenced before activation. Therefore this command is offered to query the actual parameters upon port activation.

Suggested
    VDSL is activated only after the negotiation and training are performed repeatedly between the VTU-C and the VTU-R. Therefore the parameters after the port activation are different from the parameters that are used by line profile though a set of profile data can be referenced before activation. Hence, this command is used to query the actual parameters upon port activation.

Re: is this okay- any valid suggestions?

VDSL is activated only after the negotiation and training are performed repeatedly between the VTU-C and the VTU-R. Therefore the parameters after the port activation are different from the parameters that are used by line profile though a set of profile data can be referenced before activation. Hence, this command is used to query the actual parameters upon port activation.

Technical instructions are hard to write and can be hard for the end user to understand. My day job is drawing schematics and diagrams for an emergency vehicle manufacturer. I have to show where our system taps into the chasiss and all that really intersting 'stuff.' I also have to write and develop the manuals and directions that go along with my drawings. One thing I've learned is that these need to be concise, yet informative. End users tend to block out repeated words and get bogged down quickly. My suggestion is this, but read carefully.

VDSL is activated only after repeated negotiation and training between the VTU-C and the VTU-R. After activation, the parameters change. If desired, a set of profile data can be referenced before activation. This command is used to query the actual parameters upon port activation.

I hope this helps.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Excellent posting, JennyAnne! Welcome to Using English dot com.

Excellent posting, JennyAnne! Welcome to Using English dot com.
    Thanks! I look forward to learning and helping.