Results 1 to 4 of 4

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 81
    #1

    Germination Physiology

    A lack of healthy seedlings results in poor crop yields.


    Shoud results be singular? A lack of healthy seelings result in poor crop yields?

    Thank you.

  1. BobK's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2006
    • Posts: 16,038
    #2

    Re: Germination Physiology

    Quote Originally Posted by crussell View Post
    A lack of healthy seedlings results in poor crop yields.


    Shoud results be singular? A lack of healthy seelings result in poor crop yields?

    Thank you.
    It is - it's the 3rd person singular of the verb result. The original sentence is OK. Your version makes 'seedlings' the subject.

    b

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

    • Join Date: Jan 2006
    • Posts: 2,081
    #3

    Question Re: Germination Physiology

    Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    It is - it's the 3rd person singular of the verb result. The original sentence is OK. Your version makes 'seedlings' the subject.
    b
    Should it be "A lack of" or just "Lack of"?

    Nyggus

  2. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 24,983
    #4

    Re: Germination Physiology

    Quote Originally Posted by nyggus View Post
    Should it be "A lack of" or just "Lack of"?

    Nyggus
    It could be either.

Similar Threads

  1. Physiology
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-Feb-2003, 23:36

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •