Question Hola

When it comes to sentences I tend to get "comma happy", that is I put too many commas in my sentences. The following sentence seems to be in need of a few more commas. Do you agree and where should they go?

At the Little London Primary School in Westmoreland Jamaica, in a tiny little classroom of about forty kids, I learned one of my first life-long lessons: that justice is in the eye of the beholder.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Hola

Quote Originally Posted by jade1990us View Post
    When it comes to sentences I tend to get "comma happy", that is I put too many commas in my sentences. The following sentence seems to be in need of a few more commas. Do you agree and where should they go?

At the Little London Primary School in Westmoreland Jamaica, in a tiny little classroom of about forty kids, I learned one of my first life-long lessons: that justice is in the eye of the beholder.

I would add only one more -- after Westmoreland.

In addition, I would add a little punctuation to your question and change one comma.

When it comes to sentences, I tend to get "comma happy"; that is, I put too many commas in my sentences. The following sentence seems to be in need of a few more commas. Do you agree, and where should they go?

It appears that I'm more comma happy than you are.